What do you do for a living?

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you currently a nurse? Having bedside experience and then getting a Masters in Informatics...you should be set! I don't know much about Driscoll's, but have heard that it's a pretty good place to work...couldn't tell you who I heard it from...just one of those things rattling around my head ;)

Yes, I've been a nurse for 20 years. I started my career in Driscoll's PICU, but until a couple of years ago I ran a NICU in Los Angeles. I still can't believe my career is gone, but it is what it is.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Registered Respiratory Therapist specializing in the neonatal intensive care unit at Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women and Babies.

You're my kindda people!!

lngliv3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a diesel tech at a freightliner dealership but currently off work due to a achillies tendon repair surgery off work for the next 4-6 months. Backyard BBQ pit master.

IMG_5340.JPG

Yojoe10

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worked as piano staff accompanist for 10 years in local university. Now back in school for masters in studio jazz piano, recorded an album ( Joseph North Hymns on Spotify, amazon, and iTunes [emoji6]), work at a marine fish hatchery part time, pianist for mega church, and....poor as dirt. Lol

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My job title is Cyber Security Architect. My boss added cyber because he thought it sounded cool lol! I'm responsible for raising the security maturity level of our organization. Prior to that I was our JD Edwards CNC(Administrator). Currently able to work from home, which is beyond awesome.

Steve Maxwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I've been a nurse for 20 years. I started my career in Driscoll's PICU, but until a couple of years ago I ran a NICU in Los Angeles. I still can't believe my career is gone, but it is what it is.
Oh yeah...you should have absolutely no problem! Not sure how big Driscoll's is or if they are on an EMR. If they are not on an EMR it might be worth asking if they have any plans to transition to one...not that working on an EMR is the only Informatics gig, but it certainly is a major one!

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah...you should have absolutely no problem! Not sure how big Driscoll's is or if they are on an EMR. If they are not on an EMR it might be worth asking if they have any plans to transition to one...not that working on an EMR is the only Informatics gig, but it certainly is a major one!

Thanks for that. I feel better about my decision now!! I've been torn about it for awhile.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 24 23.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 74 71.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.8%
Back