What does everyone store there RO/DI water in?

Avp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I am keeping the water in 5 gallon buckets but would like to get something bigger.

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a big 50 gallon food grade drum, but I used to used tupperware containers. Just give them a good soak in a vingear solution to make sure they're clean.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a 20H to keep water for my top off, and then use a 40B that is plumbed in for water changes.

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a food grade drum. There is a local place that has canned food and they get olives in these 65 gallon drums. They sell them for like $6 each.

IMG00045-20100119-2119.jpg

Bubbles_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a grey 55gallon Rubbermaid trash can on wheels to store my RO water. Best thing I ever bought because of its transportaion capabilities.

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Rubbermade Rough Totes, each 32 gallons, that I use. My original plan was to use one to store RO/DI water, and the other to store Saltwater. I didn't take into consideration that I don't have room for both cans...lol. So, I only use one, for now. It holds my RO/DI water, until I need to prepare for a WC. Then, I fill it up, with RO/DI water, mix up my saltwater, let it circulate over night and then do a water change. Then, I rinse it a lil' and fill it back up with RO/DI. I really wish I had room to keep both of them in the house, but alas, no room. We live in a rental, so I can't go modifying walls and such...lol. If I owned my own home, I'd plumb in my RO/DI unit, with an auto top off, and run both cans as I'd originally intended.

foxhuntr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont store my ro/di water.....my ATO runs striaght from my ro unit with a 2.5 gallon holding tank......when i need to do a W/C i open a ball valve and fill up 5 gallon jugs and mix salt...let them sit for a couple days and then do a water change

Murfman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a 36 gallong rubbermaid brute trash can.

I used one of these for 5 years and then noticed a white film in my water. I dumped it and then brewed new RO/DI, with new membrane and filters, and still getting it. Bought a 55 gallon plastic drum that held root beer syrup in it and use it now. Looked in the Brute the other day and the sides are solid white, from the RO/DI leeching stuff out.

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I use two 25 gallon polypcarbonate water storage containers purchased from my local feed store and they came with built in drains. One holds the RO water (for freshwater and plants), that other holds the RO/DI water (for the saltwater);

MiscROSystem15Sept09.jpg

butts182

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a large planter filled partialy with sand...then I put a 5g trash can inside it so that the tops are equal...then I put a wood black board across the top and put a plant on the top of the board to hid it all!! Looks nice.

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the exact brand of polypcarbonate water storage containers as Cupcake pictured above, but each of mine are 65 gallons each.

1Der9_3hy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a big 50 gallon food grade drum, but I used to used tupperware containers. Just give them a good soak in a vingear solution to make sure they're clean.

Im with this guy. I soaked mine in a few gallons of vinegar for a few weeks (didnt need to wait that long, it just took that long to get around to cleaning it out) then i started using it. I was testing the water coming out of it for N03 and Po4, as well as TDS and all came out clean :)

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 42 22.8%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 106 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back