What fish in your tank has the most personality?

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious as to what everyone thinks. For me it is my starry blenny. This fish is all over the place in my reef. It also likes to bite my arm and hand when I stick it in the tank.

Here is a pic:

009-Copy-1.jpg

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Vlamingi Tang. Follows me around. Now he follows my mom around when she visits because she took care of my tank for a week. If I put my face up to the tank he swims up the the from and just stares at me with one of those big eye balls.

OP
OP
SeahorseKeeper

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Vlamingi Tang. Follows me around. Now he follows my mom around when she visits because she took care of my tank for a week. If I put my face up to the tank he swims up the the from and just stares at me with one of those big eye balls.

My one seahorse does the same thing. She goes right up to the front of the tank when I am near it.

Let's see some more pics of fish with big personalities!!!! :)

Trex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will have to pick three -- since I have 3 tanks. ;)

From my 40;
My C. venustus -- when we sit down for dinner (( the 40 is along the wall in the living/dinner room )) it will be in the corner watching us eat and just waiting to get his dinner.

venustus2.jpg

In my 65 I would have to say my "golden" lawnmower blenny -- just the way that he looks at me.

This is his feed me more face, even with a belly full of NLS pellets.

Golden2.jpg

Lastly, in my 75 it would have to be my blue spotted puffy -- from the way it bites me every time I feed the tank, to it begging for more food anytime I get up off the couch, and finally to the way it will pout in the corner when I clean the tank.

Puffer2.jpg

REEF911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clarki

my clarki is the winner on this one. super friendly to everything in my tank and just wants to be the caretaker of everything. feeds my shrimp my duncans my candys and even crabs. named him dum dum cause he reminds me of a big dum dog.

wysiwyg

marine predator man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would have to be my longhorn cowfish always begging for attention and alwys nibbles on me when cleaning the tank

STL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely our Blonde Naso, though the Blue Throat Trigger is a close second. Both are unusually aware and experts at conniving a snack :)

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Valentini puffer. I swear he's as smart as my dogs.

I loved my valentini! He would let my coral banded shrimp clean him like corn on the cob...talk about weird. The first day he did it i thought he was dead.

He also would flare his crest, which made him look more like a rooster, when he was hungry.
Now my only fish is a volitans and an uncathebale chromis named lucky lunch.(dont worry, i sold the other 40 fish first). He refuses to let me get in my tank to move stuff. He hasnt stuck me yet, but he gets close every time. Selling frags is so scarry haha. But he is awesome. He perches right in the center of the the tank, constantly waiting for me to feed him. I have been trying to find him a home though because the valentini really was my favorite fish. The only thing i could thonk of who is more robust was my niger trigger. But he fried himself when he hopped tank and landed under the metal halide. I have since got a lid.

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They all take the spot light at one point or the other, but at this moment I would have to say my lawnmower blenny. I recently started using(again) my nano magenet cleaner in the 90g and due to the fact he is bigger than the cleaner he fights for his algea on the glass. Its been the funniest thing to watch for the last month or so. And makes cleaning the glass a lil sad after a minute or two.

azjohnny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Miniatus Grouper when he feels he needs to defend his cave from the Queen Trigger

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Scooter Dragonette. He is the largest one I have ever seen. He constantly bristles up his finnage to look bigger than he is. Even though he is a bottom feeder he will swim to the top when I put nori sheets in for the tangs and swims in the middle of them. (He doesn't eat the nori) He is about 4" long and fat from eating NewLife pellets. Also, I have to mention my sailfin tang, but everyone knows they have great personalities.

fish&corals

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my sohal tang is a trip .. will eat right out of my hand .. if i put my hand in the tank and hold it open she will come and lay in my hand and i can catch her .. she likes to be pet like a dog ..

BlueRidgeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Starry Blenny is the boss of my tank too. He'll bite my arm every time I put it in the tank, that is until he gets tired and takes a nap in my hand

OP
OP
SeahorseKeeper

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Starry Blenny is the boss of my tank too. He'll bite my arm every time I put it in the tank, that is until he gets tired and takes a nap in my hand

That's awesome!!! I was shocked today when my blenny did not chomp on my arm while I was doing maintenance on the tank.

caudill187

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say a toss up between the mystery wrasse and pink-tail trigger. The mystery wrasse is a gangster. The trigger fish reminds me of goofy.

Back