Welcome to R2R.
ryan reynolds deadpool GIF

colejr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Live in upstate NY... from Florida. Have a 38g with my "Puff Daddy" he is a GSP, saltwater, had him about 8 years. Puff is my ❤. We are battling an algae bloom from hell. I've had stuff going on in there that may be new strands of algae never before discovered. Almost 8 years and NOW I get a bloom. No not a bloom... an explosion. We are working through the process- thanks to advice I find on here as a lurker. Just started a 55g reef about 4 months ago. I have decided to add protein skimmer/sump/refugium. And also realize I have no idea what I am doing. Every link I click when I ask the Google takes me down another rabbit hole and I put my soon to be/maybe someday/refugium-sump-skimmer tank with all the goodies away and say I will wait and read more. I have a list as long as my leg of fish and coral and this and that.... but I really need to figure out the soon to be/maybe someday/refugium-sump-skimmer tank business so I can safely add and really get this thing going. Looking forward to learning more, and really wish there was a 'for dummies' book on this stiff!
Welcome. Are you really in upstate NY are are you central like most that make that claim? I live in Potsdam.

OP
OP
Altmann

Altmann

What have I gotten myself into?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. Are you really in upstate NY are are you central like most that make that claim? I live in Potsdam.
So when I moved here I was told we are considered upstate Ny- my response was we are dang near at the bottom of the State - y'all aren't making sense! I was informed that1 Upstate NY is North of the City. (‍♀️) So you are where I consider Upstate Upstate . OR REALLY upstate. We are in Cold Spring, across the river from West Point. So Downstate Upstate? I am a Florida Native. We keep it simple North Florida, Central Florida, South Florida, East Coast, Gulf or Up in the Panhandle. Thank you for the welcome!

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Live in upstate NY... from Florida. Have a 38g with my "Puff Daddy" he is a GSP, saltwater, had him about 8 years. Puff is my ❤. We are battling an algae bloom from hell. I've had stuff going on in there that may be new strands of algae never before discovered. Almost 8 years and NOW I get a bloom. No not a bloom... an explosion. We are working through the process- thanks to advice I find on here as a lurker. Just started a 55g reef about 4 months ago. I have decided to add protein skimmer/sump/refugium. And also realize I have no idea what I am doing. Every link I click when I ask the Google takes me down another rabbit hole and I put my soon to be/maybe someday/refugium-sump-skimmer tank with all the goodies away and say I will wait and read more. I have a list as long as my leg of fish and coral and this and that.... but I really need to figure out the soon to be/maybe someday/refugium-sump-skimmer tank business so I can safely add and really get this thing going. Looking forward to learning more, and really wish there was a 'for dummies' book on this stiff!
Welcome!

whale GIF

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to da Reef, Altmann. I'm never going down da rabbit hole. :D Be well, and relax.:)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 61 32.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back