What is a good DE 150W bulb?

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious of what bulb is a good one for zoas and some LPS. I am currently setting up a small tank and I acquire a Coralife 150w with PC's. Both MH and PC needs to be change. Can you give me a nice recommendations?.. Someone was offering me a 2 months old 14k Sunpaq, is that a good one? pls need help thanks

steve

coralfarm123

INDMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the 14k Phoenix is one of the more popular DE bulbs for zoas and LPS and is my preference. I have no experience with the Sunpaq, but may be a decent bulb.

OP
OP
I-K@ndY

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys I was reading on nano about some people using sunpaq and some say it looks pale and too white. I have a coralife fixture should I also go with coralife MH . I used Phx 14k before and I was happy but a friend of mine offers a sunpaq that is so cheap that is why I want to know if its any good. Thanks guys

FateX8

Frag Dragon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it really depends more on the ballast than anything else, since ballasts drives them differently performance wise
unless youre looking for just a specific color, and in that case phoenix is a pretty good bulb, and on most ballasts runs fairly effeciently
if someone could post the link to sanjays page that would help a lot

chadfarmer

profilux in the house
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what color do you want blue or very blue

you could go with a 10k ushio or the 14k Phoenix

you will have actinic color from the p.c.'s

Back