What is a good light bar for extra par?

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Q: What can I use to add more light to my tank (light bar). Looking for a more budget light bar to add to the back of my regular 55-gallon aquarium. I have 2 K7 mini noopsyche lights and the front of my tank gets decent light not my back for whatever reason. Would a 4-foot or 3-foot light bar work? If so what are some good budget brands that'll get me extra par back there. Thanks!

OP
OP
ajremington68

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any good cheap options? I have seen the blades, orphek, and reef brite. Ans waiting to strike on the Facebook groups for cheap but wondering if there is any other options. Also are your reef brutes programmable at all?

OP
OP
ajremington68

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a look at the Reefbarpro by 21ledusa. They are budget bars, can do sunrise and sunsetting, and put out very decent PAR. Made by a shop in Texas that does different types of lighting, including aquarium lighting.
That looks great for the price, if I only plan to add one and my current tank I have 2 k7 minis Noo-Psyche do you think it would be better to do a actinic blue or a pro which is the mix of white and blue? I guess it’s preference but the full blue looked super windex

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any good cheap options? I have seen the blades, orphek, and reef brite. Ans waiting to strike on the Facebook groups for cheap but wondering if there is any other options. Also are your reef brutes programmable at all?
Yes, mine are on a 10 v dimmer

OP
OP
ajremington68

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a look at the Reefbarpro by 21ledusa. They are budget bars, can do sunrise and sunsetting, and put out very decent PAR. Made by a shop in Texas that does different types of lighting, including aquarium lighting.
Is the ultra actinic reef bar pro in the pictures labeled the full spectrum pro on the website?? Confused but it looks to be with the mix of diodes.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the ultra actinic reef bar pro in the pictures labeled the full spectrum pro on the website?? Confused but it looks to be with the mix of diodes.
From what I see the pics are labeled as to what bar or bars are being used in the pic. It also appears that the same pics are used on all the products which is confusing I get that. Actinic is deep blue no white. A 50/50 would be an even mix of blue and white. Blue heavy would be more of a mix like 75% blue and 25% white and so on.

kindafun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using 4' Quanta Pro lights to supplement with a particular spectrum and better coverage. I've had good success with them and believe they are a quality light at a reasonable price. There are several options on size and spectrum. They have no adjustment, just on/off.

I have no affiliation with Quanta.

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a pair of "blue heavy" bars that had white, blue and uv/violet, but I don't see them listed right now. You can email the guy, Steve, and he was very responsive with me. If you go actinic bars, it will be very windex blue.

As others here have said, quantas have a solid reputation and, although I haven't seen aliexpress bars, others say they are great value.

Vested

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quanta pros, unbeatable for price to quality

OP
OP
ajremington68

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a pair of "blue heavy" bars that had white, blue and uv/violet, but I don't see them listed right now. You can email the guy, Steve, and he was very responsive with me. If you go actinic bars, it will be very windex blue.

As others here have said, quantas have a solid reputation and, although I haven't seen aliexpress bars, others say they are great value.
Once you had them did you just use the mounts them came with or buy the hanging mounts?

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run AliExpress with my halides. But I don’t measure par, but I believe most put out around 100-150 par

I did come to mention I’ve heard fantastic things about QuantaPros for the cost.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 33 27.3%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 27 22.3%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 41 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back