What is on Hammer Coral?

smelton16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone tell me what this is on my hammer coral? It looks like it has been moving up the base.

This coral was on same plug with another hammer coral. I attempted to cut the frag in half to split these corals up since they were different colors and growing in to each other. This coral split in half as you can see in picture. I glued the base of frag and put a little glue on inside stem. I was thinking it would grow back together. May not have been the right thing to do, but it has been opened up and doing well.

Hammer coral 1.jpg

OP
OP
S

smelton16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone tell me what this is on my hammer coral? It looks like it has been moving up the base.

This coral was on same plug with another hammer coral. I attempted to cut the frag in half to split these corals up since they were different colors and growing in to each other. This coral split in half as you can see in picture. I glued the base of frag and put a little glue on inside stem. I was thinking it would grow back together. May not have been the right thing to do, but it has been opened up and doing well.

Hammer coral 1.jpg
Everything I look up on it says Vermetid Snail. Just want to make sure before I remove from tank and try to manually remove.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back