What is the easiest anemone to keep

Rvs187

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 55 gallon reef tank 6 months old ....just finished the ugly stage.
I have
Clown fish
2 fire fish
Yellow watchmen gobby
Mandarin dragonet
Lawnmower gobby
Yellow tang
Idk if that make a difference new to the hobby

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally, rock flowers are easiest imo. Then bubble tips. Then LTA or condy then the carpets. Might be forgetting something.

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aiptasia and majano are pretty easy ;) in all seriousness as long as you got a stable and mature tank shouldn’t be hard to keep any of the above, just research on them previously to a purchase

Lewbo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As covered by those above, rock flowers on the market these days are really stunning (note that they will not host clowns), BTA’s are fairly easy - you just have to make sure you start with a healthy one (not white or very pale and It’s foot is attached in the LFS tank). Choose carefully anemones should live hundreds of years if well cared for :)

BTA’s are not natural hosts to common clowns, but if you are lucky they may host. What clowns do you have and are you specifically looking at anemones that your clowns will host?

OP
OP
R

Rvs187

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As covered by those above, rock flowers on the market these days are really stunning (note that they will not host clowns), BTA’s are fairly easy - you just have to make sure you start with a healthy one (not white or very pale and It’s foot is attached in the LFS tank). Choose carefully anemones should live hundreds of years if well cared for :)

BTA’s are not natural hosts to common clowns, but if you are lucky they may host. What clowns do you have and are you specifically looking at anemones that your clowns will host?
I have a reg clown fish ... I was just looking for anemone ... if the clown hosts great but it wouldn’t be a big deal

Lewbo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a reg clown fish ... I was just looking for anemone ... if the clown hosts great but it wouldn’t be a big deal
In that case, any of the anemones mentioned by cell should be doable dependant on which one you like the look of better.

For a carpet, I'd give it longer for your tank to establish, and you skills at reacting to issues to develop if brand new to reefing (around 12 months) personally. All the others I'd say go for it now as long as your tank is stable but do your research as to their needs.

Lighting is also very important for news, what do you have ?

OP
OP
R

Rvs187

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In that case, any of the anemones mentioned by cell should be doable dependant on which one you like the look of better.

For a carpet, I'd give it longer for your tank to establish, and you skills at reacting to issues to develop if brand new to reefing (around 12 months) personally. All the others I'd say go for it now as long as your tank is stable but do your research as to their needs.

Lighting is also very important for news, what do you have ?
I have 2 AÍ prime 16hd

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back