What is this frag I keep seeing in posts?

raymond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i remember when i had this same question, i was thinking man this frag thing must be hot i got to get one of those

aalvarado87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I saw Frag i thought you were referring to the saltwater event in camarillo ca. Anyhow like other said Frag is nothing but short for fragment of another coral. It is a great way to make the hobby affordable. I have ran into some older gentlemen in the hobby an they have told me that fragging is new to them and that they never heard about fragging. Does anyone know when coral propagation really went mainstream?

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The word frag derives from the fragment meaning a piece of somthing. Normaly a reefer cuts or breaks off a " fragment" of a colony to sell.

SPSkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The nice thing about R2R is that people are actually willing to help you out. Post something similar on other boards and get flamed for just asking.... It's a good thing you guys have going here, makes the hobby that much more enjoyable!

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The nice thing about R2R is that people are actually willing to help you out. Post something similar on other boards and get flamed for just asking.... It's a good thing you guys have going here, makes the hobby that much more enjoyable!

I couldn’t even think of the comments you would get on other sites for this question, but if you think about it like this " Every one didn’t know how to add at one point till the question how to do it was asked." you can’t join a hobby like this and automatically know all the acronyms and abbreviations that would be crazy.

aalvarado87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fo realz i can see that. Someone referred me to reefcentral when i first started i was cruising the forum and saw some of the replies noobs were getting. Things like what are you thinking are you right minded how are you going to put that in your tank. and its like dang not everyone knows everything in the world. then i foud a few other forums as this one and people were pretty cool and i learned to like the hobby.

HomeSlizzice

Wrasse/Angelfish nut!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just like everyone else said, a frag is a small peice or "fragmentaion" of coral, a lot of frags are about an inch or two, unless it's a chalice frag, those are usually smaller.

Raggamuffin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the addiction BTW! And just think of it this way if I was to type out 65ROGLFGPSTTYVM very few of you would understand what I just said unless you were an EQ addict at one point or another. Any other site I can think of off the top of my head you would have gotten flamed but here people are very chill.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 99 43.6%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 77 33.9%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 37 16.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back