What is this on my rocks?

BarSnackz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I have seen these before on another tread but can't seem to find it so excuse me if this gets asked often.
image2.jpeg
image1.jpeg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I have seen these before on another tread but can't seem to find it so excuse me if this gets asked often.
image2.jpeg
image1.jpeg
Is it easily removed with a little blast of water? If so it may he red cyanobacteria.

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive seen it before in my tank a long time ago. Don’t remember what it is but I do remember it didn’t cause any harm to anything.

OP
OP
BarSnackz

BarSnackz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive seen it before in my tank a long time ago. Don’t remember what it is but I do remember it didn’t cause any harm to anything.
Did they go away on their own? Mine came with my live rock and I am noticing them more now. Not sure if they're spreading or I am just worrying about them more now and are noticing them more.

OP
OP
BarSnackz

BarSnackz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, thanks a bunch everyone. I really like the way they look and that they’re not detrimental to my tank - so it’s awesome that I don’t have to try to nuke them.

OP
OP
BarSnackz

BarSnackz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update: When the snow storm hit the east coast a couple weeks - we lost power for 16 hours and my tank dropped to 61 degrees. All coral and fish survived (even my brand spanken new Tomini Tang which I had for 3 days before the outage). However, all but about 2 of the Foraminiferans have gone. I don't know if it was the power outage that got them or my cleaner shrimp or tang. But I definitely miss their color on my rocks. Hopefully they will somehow reproduce and come back into the tank to give it some more color.

Back