What is this red stuff on my rocks

liamelias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, my tank has been setup for a year and a half. I have a big GHA problem but its better than my dinos problem months ago. However a few weeks ago I noticed this redding of the rocks. What is it? Ive had cyano before but doesnt look like cyano

Thank you

IMG_5701.jpeg IMG_5700.jpeg IMG_5699.jpeg IMG_5698.jpeg

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a 20 gallon. I only have a return pump. No wavemakers
I have 2 powerheads in my 15 gallon softie tank (mushrooms and zoa's), flow does wonders for our reefs....

Your tank might also be missing oxygen if the snails are dying. Try to aim some flow at the water surface to agitate it to oxygenate the water.

OP
OP
liamelias

liamelias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 powerheads in my 15 gallon softie tank (mushrooms and zoa's), flow does wonders for our reefs....

Your tank might also be missing oxygen if the snails are dying. Try to aim some flow at the water surface to agitate it to oxygenate the water.
I forgot to mention I have two nessarious since day one and those are doing well! But you are most definitely right about adding more flow. I have a bubble coral, two zoas colonies, one GPS on the back wall. What kind of powerhead would you recommend? Im just afraid to provide my bubble coral with too much flow. Here is an image of my tank setup

Attachments

• IMG_5138.jpeg
    IMG_5138.jpeg
    156.7 KB · Views: 10

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 177 72.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 46 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back