what is this???

softiegirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, big circus tonite at my house! I posted this on my other forum, but i think everyone's in bed.... my friend looked over at the tank and saw this...
http://www.michiganreefers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84290

what is it???? is it harmful??? im sorry to all you peta people... but i scooped it out and flushed it!!! should i treat my tank for something????? it was huge! aack!!!

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its the flatworm they were talking about.

dknuckles

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy crap
eek.gif

Wonder if that was your acan problem?
or
Was it in case hubby ticks you off, feed him to the Indonesian man eating flatworm
jester.gif

I am still awake, quit smoking and cannot sleep to save my life:cry:

http://www.michiganreefers.com/forums/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=707867http://www.michiganreefers.com/forums/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=707867

killingseed2000

hobo of time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its a predator flat worm, i dont have a lot of info on it myself but its may eat fish and corals. by what i read little is know of them. i have one in my tank. once i find it again its gone. its cool but bad news.

Last edited:

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats big enough to fry up. I'd saute it and see how it tastes ;)

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a predatory flatworm. I had two that I got out of my tank. They will eat clams, and snails. They never touched my coral. They ate the legs off of my serpent starfish also.

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have at least one, that I've never seen, but Angie saw it once. Yes, it's a predatory FW, known for eating snails and sometimes, clams. I'm following along to see if anyone has any good information about trapping them.

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine by luck. I caught one early in the morning with a flashlight and he was on a snail shell in the corner of the tank. I just hurried up and grabbed the shell with him on it. The second one was wrapped around end of one of my serpent stars munching on his leg. I grabbed the whole star and pulled him out with the worm still attached. You have to use your ninja skills to get them...:bigsmile:

daaznmofo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just caught one 2 mornings ago. used a flashlight and turkey baster. i used the light to make it go in the direction i wanted and sucked him out. he was about 3 inches.
i hope its the last of them.

acronautical

acronautical
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wondering if a person removed all snails, clams, etc., and hit the tank hard with FWE, would that do the trick for these freaks? Anyone have an opinion?

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wondering if a person removed all snails, clams, etc., and hit the tank hard with FWE, would that do the trick for these freaks? Anyone have an opinion?

Hmm good call. Those that catches one put it in a cup and dose some flatworm exit and see if it dies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back