OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crinoid! Is that yours?? If so be careful handling. Their arms are sticky and will attach and tear if you touch them directly.
Thanks, i thought you were going to say poisonous. Thanks again. No blue ring octos for me.

Last edited:

biophilia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are really amazing - especially the rare times they swim! There are two in a little species NPS tank at Steinhart right now that seem to be doing well.

They’re really hard to keep alive in captivity because they need a lot of really small food in suspension continuously. @Jomama oddly enough I almost messaged you a week or two ago to see if you’d ever considered trying one since I think your tank might be one of the few that could keep one successfully. Not totally sure about flow. There’s a chance yours might be a little on the high end but it can probably find a little tucked away spot that is less direct. Good luck!

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are really amazing - especially the rare times they swim! There are two in a little species NPS tank at Steinhart right now that seem to be doing well.

They’re really hard to keep alive in captivity because they need a lot of really small food in suspension continuously. @Jomama oddly enough I almost messaged you a week or two ago to see if you’d ever considered trying one since I think your tank might be one of the few that could keep one successfully. Not totally sure about flow. There’s a chance yours might be a little on the high end but it can probably find a little tucked away spot that is less direct. Good luck!
Thanks. The 3K's are at 10%. We'll see how it goes. Aclimating as we speak

Jlyons

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen them a few times and they are amazing. Was told by my LFS that they were extremely difficult to care for but best of luck with your gorgeous new addition.

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen them a few times and they are amazing. Was told by my LFS that they were extremely difficult to care for but best of luck with your gorgeous new addition.
I set up my lab in the Backwoods. It's called "Backwoods Lab" instead of moonshine, we're trying to raise NPS softies and NPS LPS corals. Still in the learning stages, but making progress. Stay tune comrade. :)

Jlyons

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds amazing! Most definitely staying tuned!

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 61 46.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 42 32.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back