What is Wrong?

sundog101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not having good luck with dwarf angels. My coral beauty died in qt from fungal/bacterial. So I decided to try a yellow angel. For 3 weeks he was fine. Walk in this morning...dead. Water is good, temp is good (heater on a controller), not a scratch on him. I'm at a loss... no idea.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not having good luck with dwarf angels. My coral beauty died in qt from fungal/bacterial. So I decided to try a yellow angel. For 3 weeks he was fine. Walk in this morning...dead. Water is good, temp is good (heater on a controller), not a scratch on him. I'm at a loss... no idea.

He wasn't doing anything odd at all before he died? Just literally healthy as can be, then dead? Sometimes our fish can display behavioral symptoms that we don't pay much attention to at the time but can lead us to certain illnesses or parasites.

Lethargy, lack of appetite, flashing, scratching against rocks or sand, heavy breathing, yawning, head twitching, swimming into the flow of a power head or return, clamped fins or anything else that might be a bit odd.

Anything you can think of in this new light?

OP
OP
sundog101

sundog101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only "odd" thing that I can think of is that he was sort of picky eater. He wouldn't eat a lot at one time. I fed multiple times a day though and he ate and seemed fine.

It's just frustrating when you lose a fish and don't know why.

Back