What kind of powerhead should I get??

TenWings5007130

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 320 gallon that I plan on making a mixed reef tank. It's I don't quite remember the dimension exactly but I know it's 8 feet long and I think 2 feet wide and 2 feet tall. Theres an overflow in both back corners and outflow in both corners as well. I'm just trying get everything before I get corals.

Stevorino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 MP40’s and 2MP60’s. Possibly 2 gyres as well
This is EXACTLY what I would do.

I have a 280g (6x2.5x2.5) - currently running 4 MP40s and I still feel like I have dead spots. I'm looking to add a pair of orbit 4s.

If my long was a full 8 feet, I would want the Mp60s recommended here.

Depending on the overflow arrangements, the gyres may or may not be necessary.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jebao in whatever size is suitable for that tank. I'm only familiar with the smaller ones but I've been very happy with the price and performance. I've had multiple running without a hitch for 3+ years.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I 3rd jebao, I am running one cross flow on my smaller tank. ran a cpl of the "normal style for years finally kick the bucket around the 3 year mark.

so if you need a budget wave maker worth looking into. they may or may not last as long as name brand one. that said some 2-4X the price fail too, so you never know.

on my 6' 200 I will run 2X mp40 and maybe a gyre as I have them already but it will be a FOWLR so i dont need a ton of flow. but if I was looking to for something I would prob just go with the jebaos
just clean them often for the cross flow pumps.

also look in to the Tunze
these have always interested me :
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/turbelle-stream-3-controllable-660-to-3962-gph-tunze.html

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 41 39.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 30.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 18 17.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back