What light’s do i buy?

keirb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi reefers

I bought the reef 60 from blue marine and so far loving it. It’s a small tank (almost 17 gallons) but it has a pretty bad light. (Nano led 11w.) Now i’m looking for a new light around 100 bucks but there is SO MUCH choice

The lights i’m most intrested in so far are: the k7 mini 60w from noopsycho
Nicrew 30w LED
Aquaknight 30w LED

I mainly have softies and am looking at LPS for my nano tank. Might wanna get SPS like monti’s but i feel like i’m not super ready for it yet.

If anyone has had experience with any of these lights or if someone has another suggestion please let me know!!

Kind regards Keirb

ps: having controllability over the lights, like having a ramp up/down and being able to control the spectrum is important to me.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi reefers

I bought the reef 60 from blue marine and so far loving it. It’s a small tank (almost 17 gallons) but it has a pretty bad light. (Nano led 11w.) Now i’m looking for a new light around 100 bucks but there is SO MUCH choice

The lights i’m most intrested in so far are: the k7 mini 60w from noopsycho
Nicrew 30w LED
Aquaknight 30w LED

I mainly have softies and am looking at LPS for my nano tank. Might wanna get SPS like monti’s but i feel like i’m not super ready for it yet.

If anyone has had experience with any of these lights or if someone has another suggestion please let me know!!

Kind regards Keirb

ps: having controllability over the lights, like having a ramp up/down and being able to control the spectrum is important to me.
The aquaknight is good, but lots of people like the noop

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the aqua knight and had good success. I decide to “upgrade” to an ai prime for more spectrum control. Well my corals lived but the prime has an issue with melting lenses, which happened to me, and I swear the aqua knight grew things faster.

I’m actually considering some of the same lights as you for my 15g but the 50w nicrew and k7 mini are my current top choices.

BobTheBlenney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got Nicrew lights on my 75g with LPS and softies and they all look great. I don't think you need to spend a fortune on lights. After all, light is light. If you want a bunch of fancy features that's fine, but I turn my lights on and off with a ten dollar timer from Lowe's and my corals open up big and beautiful every day.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 91 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.0%
Back