What lighting do you use to color up Colorado Sunburst Anemones or Inferno anemones?

Djalexchang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have purchased a Coral Collection "inferno" anemone but it looks like a Colorado Sunburst Anemone in my opinion. Anyways, I purchased this nem and it was beautiful and bright and then after two months it turned dark and red like a normal rainbow bta. I am currently running a modified SPS AB+ for 12 hours on a radion g4 pro supplemented with t5's running blue plus and actinic bulbs for 4 hours. Can anyone share their method of obtaining nice Csb/Inferno color please?

Pics below are before and after.

IMG_8539.jpg IMG_8955.jpg

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to know this too. I am running the exact same lighting combo and the same thing happened to me. The previous owner had it under a metal halide.

OP
OP
Djalexchang

Djalexchang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to know this too. I am running the exact same lighting combo and the same thing happened to me. The previous owner had it under a metal halide.
The previous owner of mine has them under t5s and Kessil, then it lost color when it reached my tank

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is now sitting under a G5 Radion. I don't expect it to change a whole lot from the G4, but I'll provide periodic updates.

Based on what I've seen, Kessils for some reason cause CSBs to shift color the most. I've seen some that look like lemon drops because they have so much yellow.

I guess the decision is based on how you want your CSB to look -- more red under Radions, more yellow under Kessils, and a more even mix under halides -- at least that's my VERY generalized thoughts. Intensity and color spectrum play a big part, so there really isn't a clear cut answer. For example, if you can match the specs of a 400 watt halide bulb using LEDs, then I would expect the same colors under both.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 120 42.6%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 97 34.4%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 45 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.8%
Back