What MP40 setting do you use?

What Vortech Setting Is Your Favorite

• Total voters

bknope

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought anything below 20% for the MP40 just set it to 20%? This is from the Neptune WXM/Vortech information

BiggestE222

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Reefer 250 3" tank with a MP40 on each end that are both linked to a reeflink. I'm trying to find some setting suggestions for a sps(frags) dominate tank. I started with reef crest during the day and lagoon at night with one side always set to antisync. I didnt really feel like I was getting good motion throughout the tank and yesterday switched to the nutrient transport which will randomly produce some pretty killer standing waves. Anyway I just wanted to hear what some other people decided on.
Reef crest all the way. Love the alrernating
Flow. Most importantly my montipora frags love it too

BiggestE222

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine on opposite ends of the tank, a little offset of each other and approximately 8inches of height difference. I felt like having them on the back the flow was bouncing off the front glass and wrecking havoc with my clam and bubble coral. Keeping the powerheads on the ends allows me to tuck the bubble coral in some rock outcroppings and prevents it from getting blown around to much
Same here I have a bicolor frog spawn. Set between coral homies to protect it from some of the flow

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I have a RedSea 250 as well with an mp40 on each end. Much like you I was questioning what settings to use. I run an Apex controller and just added a WXM module to control the powerheads. I'll post pictures of the day's schedule for my right mp40. I have them running in a sort of pseudo anti-sync during the daytime and alternate high intensity periods as you'll see on the graph screenshot. The orange line is my right powerhead and the blue is the left. Over the night I have the pumps ease down bottoming out at 20% for just a 2 hr period. I may tweak that up a bit though. Mostly a mixed reef for me but did get my first stick about a month ago which seems to be doing well.
Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 11.30.04 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 11.30.15 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 11.32.13 AM.png
How did you hook this up to your apex like this ?

Reef and Dive

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried others it was amazing to see the waves on the water surface on pulse modes, but my corals just prefer the reef crest randomness

JonChicago

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you hook this up to your apex like this ?
Had to get a WXM module. That allowed me to configure the pump intervals anyway I wanted. I've since tweaked them a bit here and there. Mostly increase the wave action later at night when I'm home so I can enjoy it just a little bit more.

Back