What peristaltic pumps are y'all using for kalkwasser?

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used a SP-3000, but it got weird on me and kept back siphoning.. even with the check valves in place. I've also used an Aqualifter, but it didn;t really have the power needed to push kalk through and into my tank.

For now I am using a Tunze Osmolator pump. It's a bit too powerful, even way throttled down and I'd like to make a comeback with a peristaltic pump, but without the insane prices that some companies charge for.

Someone suggested one of Drew's pumps at BRS... it makes me wonder what everyone else uses.

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using two of the 2-part dosing pumps from BRS, but not the "drew's dosers." I've been using them since August and get minimal back siphon (sucks back about 3" on a 24" line).

CalmSeasQuest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a BRS Top-Off pump (50ml/min) for Kalk and BRS Dosing pumps (1.1ml/min) for 2-part - all controlled via an Apex. They have functioned flawlessly.

stylaster

Reefer since '90
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im using an aqualifter that takes water out of a 5 gallon bucket sends it to a kalk stirrer and then into the tank. All setup to run off the float switch as my auto-topoff

What Rim on a Tank Suits You? (Choose All That Apply)

• Rimless

Votes: 66 49.3%
  • Full frame

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • Euro Brace

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • All of the above

Votes: 22 16.4%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back