What T5 bulbs are you running on your hybrid fixture?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Vin's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem. I had my Leds set way high before the T5’s and then was scared too. I ran 3 blues and an actinic but then switched out the actinic to a coral plus. I run my Leds without red or green and they never go more than 50%. Those T5’s, because they’re not dimmable, give you an immediate Par increase of 200 at the surface depending on the bulbs you’re running. As for the look, try ditching the red green and bright white. Use the UV and the blues heavily. That coral plus will give all the white you need. Also, run the double with the two blue T5’s for 8 hours and run the other two with the coral plus for 6 hours during peak. Personally I would ditch the actinic bulb. You get that from you Leds much better. I would get another blue plus. This worked for me. Now I get about 500 par at surface during peak, 300 in middle and 200 on floor. I have a 72 in 200 gallon with a 72 in Aquatic life Hybrid fixture running 3 AI HD 52. Hope that helps!
So I got my new lights up!

I don’t like the color at all.. it looks white and washed out. It kinda looks green ish maybe? The tank looks nasty to me :(

I’m frustrated... I’m worried I might bleach out my corals. I turned down my leds from 75 to 30 % ..

I’m using 2 Blue +, 1 Coral + and 1 Actinic.

Any suggestions??
ad the

Vin's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem. I had my Leds set way high before the T5’s and then was scared too. I ran 3 blues and an actinic but then switched out the actinic to a coral plus. I run my Leds without red or green and they never go more than 50%. Those T5’s, because they’re not dimmable, give you an immediate Par increase of 200 at the surface depending on the bulbs you’re running. As for the look, try ditching the red green and bright white. Use the UV and the blues heavily. That coral plus will give all the white you need. Also, run the double with the two blue T5’s for 8 hours and run the other two with the coral plus for 6 hours during peak. Personally I would ditch the actinic bulb. You get that from you Leds much better. I would get another blue plus. This worked for me. Now I get about 500 par at surface during peak, 300 in middle and 200 on floor. I have a 72 in 200 gallon with a 72 in Aquatic life Hybrid fixture running 3 AI HD 52. Hope that helps!

ad the
Forgot to mention. Put the coral plus in the front section in the second slot.

OP
OP
kkiel02

kkiel02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So now that a 6 bulb fixture might be coming down the line I think I’ll be running the ab+ spectrum with 4 blue plus and 2 aqua blue special if my memory serves me correctly. Got both my 360x yesterday!

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to mention. Put the coral plus in the front section in the second slot.

Your saying put the coral plus all the way to the front endge of the tank or all the way to the back?

Right now I have it back of the tank starting in order to the front. BACK Blue | Coral |LED lights| Blue| Alantic FRONT

OP
OP
kkiel02

kkiel02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did your color combo turn out?
I was waiting for the 1 cord dimmable but now I’m holding off for the 6 bulb fixture. So nothing as of yet. I won’t have any corals in my tank for another 3 months anyway. My big tank stayed in my house when we sold it so I’m on a new build now. Doing a long cycle on this one.

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was waiting for the 1 cord dimmable but now I’m holding off for the 6 bulb fixture. So nothing as of yet. I won’t have any corals in my tank for another 3 months anyway. My big tank stayed in my house when we sold it so I’m on a new build now. Doing a long cycle on this one.
I ran the other power cord behind so now it looks like one :)

6A60E42A-FE2C-441C-8661-EBB475AEB3C6.jpeg

Hammer100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i run 2 AP700 with no green or red. I have 4 T5 that are ATI 2 true actinic and 1 Blue + and 1 Aquablue special. I replaced a coral + with aquablue special in early January. I didnt realize how white the Aquablue special is but i like the look.

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i run 2 AP700 with no green or red. I have 4 T5 that are ATI 2 true actinic and 1 Blue + and 1 Aquablue special. I replaced a coral + with aquablue special in early January. I didnt realize how white the Aquablue special is but i like the look.

I have my red at 25 and green at 17. Ill turn them off and see how she looks. I guess the T5 bulbs do have red and green in it so I guess that will cover that then?

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
You mean the triangle section? Send me a PM I may have some of my original shorter versions that would raise it up for you. Its lightly used but should work well.

Hammer100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my red at 25 and green at 17. Ill turn them off and see how she looks. I guess the T5 bulbs do have red and green in it so I guess that will cover that then?

I have never ran the red or green on my tank because i was afraid of encouraging algae growth but if your tank is doing fine i dont know if i would make too many changes at one time.

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never ran the red or green on my tank because i was afraid of encouraging algae growth but if your tank is doing fine i dont know if i would make too many changes at one time.

I have been getting more green hair algae I thought it was nitrates . I did not know green and red contributed to more alaege growth. I thought it was more of the whites doing.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 50 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 39 20.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 19.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%

Back