what the heck??? Get a bubble tip and does it work??? no...

Jason300zxTT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LoL, Sorry for the title. So a couple months ago i got a bubble tip for my false perca's and do they host to it? No. They chose my Dunkin's coral. what the heck? lol... Oh well still cool to watch the female swin in the dunkin's and through the middle of them and stay near them. Anyone want to buy a bubble tip? lol.

emerald525

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a common thing. Clowns are crazy. Mine hosts the bubble tip but that was the only thing in the tank at the time. I have heard they will also switch to other things. The only thing I don't like about the RBTA is sometimes it moves around and will sting other corals.

If I had to do it all over again I would probably just find it a nice euphylia to host. The picasso clown in the solona hosts a hammer coral and I'm hoping when I get the maroon clown will host the torch in the agressive tank.

Last edited:

Gazog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

emerald525

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha ha ha! That's hilarious. You should try it! What do you have to lose?!!!

TheChef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ericm1205

Clownfish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lazer pointer works.

i blast some mysis in the nem only and when the clowns goes to eat some it goes in the nem it goes "oh, this isnt so bad" and it will try it over and over then host.

Rukis

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lock them all in a breeder net for awhile. Force the relationship.

+1!! I hav awesome Rukis INFERNO RBTA's, I couldnt get my ORA Platinum clowns to host in it, the loved laying on some chalices, so I put the clowns with the nem together in a fine white breeder net, and within 2 hours they were hosting in the nem, left them there for a few days and then put them back in the tank, game on!!! They love the nem now, my 2cents, good luck....

Last edited:

subielover

Renegade reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1!! I hav awesome Rukis INFERNO RBTA's, I couldnt get me ORA Platinum clowns to host in it, the loved laying on some chalices, so I put the clowns with the nem together in a fine white breeder net, and within 2 hours they were hosting in the nem, left them there for a few days and then put them back in the tank, game on!!! They love the nem now, my 2cents, good luck....
Did you just refer to your RBTA as Rukis Inferno RBTA? Too funny!

Rukis

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you just refer to your RBTA as Rukis Inferno RBTA? Too funny!
Yup, if you've seen my INFERNO nems, you'd know that my nems aren't like anyone elses! For one, they are true RBTA's, not long tenticle indo nems, and two, they are the BRIGHTEST nems out there!!

RukisBubbleTip.jpg

zippgirlRN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine hosted a colt tree for about a year, the colt was dying due to their irritation so what I did was get a bubble tip and removed the colt so they would have to host something else. The next day the female was in it and I think it was another day or two the male followed. In short move your duncan so they can't host it and they will be forced to look for another host, which will most likely be your bubble tip. Hope this helps. It worked for me anyway.

secretreefer

**MAD PHANTOM SCIENTIST**
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my clowns host my feather dusters. it's insane. the dusters used to close up but eventually they learned to stay open when the clown is in it.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 47 46.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 33 32.4%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back