What to Feed Copperband Butterfly

wiselyy73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As title says..... what do you guys feed your copperband?

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed my Copper Band a variety of meaty foods from the sea. I feed all my fish the same.I use Rod's herbivore as a base. I add clam,oyster, Ocean krill & whole fine chopped silverside. I believe the Copper Band is doing well on this diet. I'm about to start a white worm culture. Do You have a CopperBand now?

OP
OP
wiselyy73

wiselyy73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got it last weekend. It was picking from the rocks in lfs

Kmsutows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They pick all their food from rocks in the wild so you have to train them to take from the water column. A little research goes a long way. Live black worms, masstick, clam all good options.

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
smash some half frozen mysis into a crack in the rock. This comes close to how the fish feeds in the wild. A smashed clam maybe.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
+1 to black worms. I think they might eat white worms too. @Paul B could probably make a suggestion or two on this.

Lb71

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 to black worms. I think they might eat white worms too. @Paul B could probably make a suggestion or two on this.

Look up on U-tube feeding stations for CB’s. They are very simple to make and really help CB’s natural instinct to poke that long nose into crevices. I started by filling it with frozen mysis eventually the CB starts pulling out the tasty treats and eats them out of the feeding station and trains themselves to eat out of the water column.

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started mine on black worms in the QT. Once fattened up from the black worms I introduced other foods. In addition to the black worms he gets everyday I also feed LRS and either Mysis or Brine shrimp. The LRS he won't eat from the water column, he'll only eat that from the crevices in the rock.

Roberts reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I slice open a Manila clam has always loved those ,eats misis in the water column now

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you get any heads on shrimp ?They love shrimp heads !

JasPR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First week- live black worms morning and evening feedings. Second week - live black worms in A.M. and a live clam or oyster for the day ( remove before lights out. In third week feed live black worms mixed with frozen blood worms. In the fourth week add frozen mysis to that mix

Philt56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Initially mine only ate blackworms, finally started taking mysis from the water column. Then he started eating the frozen clams on the half shell. When I couldn’t get the clams for awhile, I saved some shells and put masstick in them and also smashed some LRS frenzy in with it. Then he ate that too.

64Ivy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like many others, I started mine on clams (minced, on the half shell) and live blackworms. Will now take most any meaty fare but still goes nuts for an occasional dose of worms.

Back