What types of fish like swimming through caves in live rock?

themadman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a 60 gallon cube and when I aquascaped I made lots of caves and holes for fish to swim through. I've got a pair of clownfish and a bicolor blenny in the tank now. The clownfish just swim around the outer perimeter of the tank and my blenny obviously chills on the rocks a lot. I'm looking for some suggestions of any cool fish that like swimming around and through the live rock and caves that my tank is large enough to house? Bright colors are a bonus. I'm only going to have 4 or 5 fish total in the tank so down to last 1 or 2 additions. Thanks!

MIKE NY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow assessor(Assessor flavissimus) it will spend most of time in and around the rockwork. A cool trait is that it swims upside down too. Mine comes out in open water for feeding time.

OP
OP
themadman

themadman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the suggestions so far! I have some great options here now of fish I wasn't familiar with. That yellow assessor looks really cool and so do the others.

Desmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a springeri dottyback and they like to cruise rock work and caves one of the less aggressive dottbacks from what i have researched.
Also a favourite would be royal gramma

JakeK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My flame angel and my cherub angel constantly swim through the passages in my rock. I have a goby that lives in the rock, but these 2 fish are the only that consistently swim through the passages in the rock. Colorful to boot.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 93 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back