What you can do with a Controller

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a start, you can control temperature, pH, lights, pumps, powerheads, reactors of all kinds, top off, and the list goes on. The controller I have, the reefkeeper elite, and previously the reef keeper lite can do all of these. Other controllers like the apex and profilux can do even more! From dimming t-5s to naming outlets, they can do it all. So a controller is not a glorified timer, it is that and then some. I and many other reefers have found it to make maintenance a breeze, in fact with some controllers, you can do auto water changes, auto salt-creep correcting, and auto skimmate emptying (about as lazy as you can get, I know).

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The favorite part about my controller is that it will send me a text message if something goes wrong.

CJ

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goo thread going on this: https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/eq.../65564-apex-controller-oh-things-you-can.html

I'm working on really pushing the APEX to do a lot for me, from monitoring levels in the sump, skimmer collection cup and RO water making tank to monitoring water on the floor. Mine will also be controlling the Vortechs, controlling a auto feeder(still exploring this one), LEDs, two heaters for redundancy, return pump, skimmer, temp, pH and more.

Of course, I have it setup for email and text messaging as well for many parameters.

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe it was opened yesterday. I'll move that thread to the appropriate forum

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 32 26.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 26 21.8%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 41 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back