What's this beside my Ritteri?

snowhite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a Ritteri Magnifica a couple weeks ago to my 90g as was always the plan for this 90g tank. Placed him at the top of the big rock arch. After a week he moved slightly to the left where he's been for a few days and is currently in the video below.

However, I noticed yesterday that there's something anemone like on the rock where I initially placed him.

Any idea what the small anemone like thing is? I noticed it does shrink away during brighter light during the day into it's little hole. Nothing has been added other than the Ritteri and Skunk Clowns... no rock or anything that could have brought hitchhikers, unless the hitchhiker came on the Ritteri itself.

20200726_075312.jpg

OP
OP
snowhite

snowhite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Ritteri was a wholesale order.

I extracted it from its hole and its definitely a foot of some kind.
Now in my anemone healing box in frag tank, we'll see if/what it is if it survives.

JRAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I viewed but have no freaking idea what that is!

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m curious if it was wedged in the bottom of the magnifica’s foot and came loose once in tour tank. That’s what I can think of if introducing the magnifica was the only possible way it got in your tank.

OP
OP
snowhite

snowhite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its attached to a rock in the plastic mesh box, so now its just waiting for it to grow or expire. It is fairly firm when I moved it.

OP
OP
snowhite

snowhite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following up...

He's still alive and in the recovery box. No real change in his state. Still white, still tiny. Stay entirely under some large chunks of rock rubble I put into box. If I move him off the rock and put the rock other side of box he'll move to under the rock overnight. So he can move, but he isn't staying locked onto the rock well.

So no real change, but no decline.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 85 42.7%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 97 48.7%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.5%
Back