Whats up with new members "subscribing"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never seen new members typing subscribed or that they are subscribing in their intro threads on here. Is there some type of give away for new members or something?
It could be for the Red Sea tank giveaway that is going on right now

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never seen new members typing subscribed or that they are subscribing in their intro threads on here. Is there some type of give away for new members or something?
I have seen a few companies running giveaways that r2r also have going on. The company giving away the product gives a entry for signing up on r2r and making a post.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was guessing that they think they’re entering into a giveaway even though they’re not…that I am aware of.
One of them that I saw mentioned something about hoping they win the Red Sea tank.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I thought that they were subscribing to a contest, just in the wrong thread. Glad that I am not the only one!
weird I was just thinking the same thing ..
Question is, if you wanna “unsubscribe”
what is the on hold waiting time for “unsubscribing” to R2R .
what is the phone number? …maybe I should ask

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they bots? Most haven't made any other posts yet...
You know I have seen a few posts answering questions lately that are most definitely AI generated answers to the question. When you look at the "person" answering they have a few posts maybe 2-3 and the answers are in the same "format". Not like this but AI man.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think some YouTube channels have giveaways and require entrants to both subscribe and join R2R to enter. As we all know, it can be confusing for a new member to figure out this forum at first.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know I have seen a few posts answering questions lately that are most definitely AI generated answers to the question. When you look at the "person" answering they have a few posts maybe 2-3 and the answers are in the same "format". Not like this but AI man.
AI posting to forums or answering in them is a thing? Now that would be a game changer

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen a few post referencing “educational” vids that
could be legit, but a quick visit of some of the post felt infomercial-ish

Last edited by a moderator:

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AI posting to forums or answering in them is a thing? Now that would be a game changer
They already have bots for that in social media. They automatically make posts and comments. Not sure about here though. I don’t use them myself.

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in a seriously BAD way.... AI is garbage that gives wrong aanswers at least half the time
well...
ai only gives bad answers if that info is given to them, like open ai's chatgpt. GPT learns off of other interactions, I have been using it to fill out school study guides and to study off of that, like bio(genetics, cells and more) and it is always right, GPT is at an all time high right now, well, all ai actually. The reason YOU might be getting wrong answers is because you are using a generative ai, like google, who just looks up what you asked, and shows u the top answer, chatgpt looks throughout its conversation history with the other millions of people it has talked to to eventually find u the RIGHT(most of the time right, rarely wrong nowadays) answer :D

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well...
ai only gives bad answers if that info is given to them, like open ai's chatgpt. GPT learns off of other interactions, I have been using it to fill out school study guides and to study off of that, like bio(genetics, cells and more) and it is always right, GPT is at an all time high right now, well, all ai actually. The reason YOU might be getting wrong answers is because you are using a generative ai, like google, who just looks up what you asked, and shows u the top answer, chatgpt looks throughout its conversation history with the other millions of people it has talked to to eventually find u the RIGHT(most of the time right, rarely wrong nowadays) answer :D
dont see wats so funny, u should be laughing at your wrong assumptions XD

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well...
go check out the chemistry forum here and see the AI prompts answers..... def not right and could cause serious harm to your tank and its inhabitants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back