Whats up with new members "subscribing"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
go check out the chemistry forum here and see the AI prompts answers..... def not right and could cause serious harm to your tank and its inhabitants
What are you talking about? Links please.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you talking about? Links please.
Im not gonna go and search through the whole chem forum for you. you can do that yourself.

RANDY did a whole mini series a few months back where he put a prompt into AI about reef chemistry and critiqued the results....

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
since none of yall can use the search button, here.

it gets some things right, but some things are terribly wrong. and because of that i dont trust it and would rather do my own reaserach but to each their own.

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not gonna go and search through the whole chem forum for you. you can do that yourself.

RANDY did a whole mini series a few months back where he put a prompt into AI about reef chemistry and critiqued the results....
wanna know why ai was wrong? cuz as I explained, it learns from other people, this hobby is about you, your own desired levels, not set levels, so people then wouldn't search that up on chatgpt, they would on google or on here, that was also a year ago, and gpt4 just came out, so before critiquing ai again, go on gpt4

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wanna know why ai was wrong? cuz as I explained, it learns from other people, this hobby is about you, your own desired levels, not set levels, so people then wouldn't search that up on chatgpt, they would on google or on here, that was also a year ago, and gpt4 just came out, so before critiquing ai again, go on gpt4
no thanks. Not a fan.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just dont wanna admit u wrong lol
Im not wrong, i just dont trust or like it.
You were wrong, saying that itrs always right , yet when i show you its wrong you move the goalpost and say oh thats old etc etc

Last edited by a moderator:

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
chatgpt4:

me: desired chem levels for acropora in saltwater tank

ai: Maintaining appropriate water chemistry is crucial for the health and growth of Acropora corals in a saltwater (reef) aquarium. These corals are typically found in the wild in nutrient-poor, tropical oceans and can be quite sensitive to variations in water parameters. Here are the general guidelines for the desired chemical levels for Acropora corals:

1. **Salinity**: 1.025 - 1.026 specific gravity (sg) or 35 parts per thousand (ppt).

2. **Temperature**: 76°F - 82°F (24°C - 28°C). Consistency is key; avoid fluctuations.

3. **pH**: 8.1 - 8.4. Stable pH is crucial; fluctuations can be very harmful.

4. **Alkalinity**: 8 - 12 dKH (degrees of carbonate hardness). It helps stabilize pH and is vital for coral growth.

5. **Calcium**: 380 - 450 ppm (parts per million). Calcium is essential for the skeletal growth of corals.

6. **Magnesium**: 1250 - 1350 ppm. Magnesium helps in maintaining the right balance of calcium and alkalinity.

7. **Nitrates (NO3)**: Below 5 ppm. Elevated nitrate levels can inhibit coral growth and coloration.

8. **Phosphates (PO4)**: 0.01 - 0.03 ppm. High phosphate levels can cause algae problems and affect coral health.

9. **Strontium**: 8 - 10 ppm. It is believed to benefit coral coloration and growth.

10. **Iodine**: 0.06 - 0.10 ppm. Iodine is important for coral and invertebrate health but should be dosed carefully.

11. **Trace Elements**: Adequate levels of other trace elements such as iron, manganese, zinc, etc., are also important, though these are usually provided in very small quantities by regular water changes or specialized dosing products.

It's important to note that these are general guidelines and the ideal levels may vary slightly depending on the specific conditions and species of corals in your tank. Regular water testing is critical to maintain these parameters within the desired range.

Additionally, other factors such as lighting, water flow, and overall tank stability are just as important for the health of Acropora corals. These corals thrive in high light and strong, intermittent water flow that mimics their natural reef habitat.

Lastly, gradual changes are more important than exact numbers. Sudden shifts in water parameters, even to correct values, can stress or even kill sensitive corals like Acropora. When making

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
care to possibly respond about this actual thread tho? whats up with all the SPAM from new members? its allowed because its a sponsor contest?

The way you made it sound was that the chemistry forum was full of AI answers. I know about that thread from Randy, was very interesting.

As far as some new members creating “subscribing” threads goes, there are some that are confused. They are not purposely spamming the forum. You can report the ones you see and we’ll move them to the proper thread.

Thank you.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The way you made it sound was that the chemistry forum was full of AI answers. I know about that thread from Randy, was very interesting.

As far as some new members creating “subscribing” threads goes, there are some that are confused. They are not purposely spamming the forum. You can report the ones you see and we’ll move them to the proper thread.

Thank you.
thats not at all what i implied, you misunderstood.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Oops, meant to answer, not welcome. .. There was just RAP which I saw Many scan a barcode and there are 3-4 active giveaways which are bringing new members and moving forward, there will be 3 more events bringing yet more new members and some are from spam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 164 72.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back