What's your preference - livesales or flash auctions?

Do you prefer livesales or auctions?

• Live Sale

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Auction

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Lately I've noticed a lot of vendors moving to flash auctions and multi-day auctions and sprinkling some sales and specials in the middle. I've seen several people complain about the auctions so I'm curious, what's your preference?

I know from a Vendor perspective, they almost always sell everything in an auction.

From a buyer's perspective we can get awesome deals in an auction.

From a Vendor's perspective, they know what they want/need for a specific item and can set that in a livesale.

From a buyer's perspective we can decide if we want the coral at the listed price and it's done - no waiting for the auction to end, no getting invested only to lose in the end.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not planning on getting any more corals soon. I really like going to the LFS and find fixed price, buy-it-now corals rather than meddling around in an auction or live sale thread.

I wonder if there are a lot of people who feel the same way since no one has bothered to participate in the poll or comment on the thread for 23 hours now?

I like both options and am happy that folks can engage in them and get corals and deals but I think I'm kind of burnt out after 20 years of online auction action.

auction oops GIF
:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing::cool:

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm not planning on getting any more corals soon. I really like going to the LFS and find fixed price, buy-it-now corals rather than meddling around in an auction or live sale thread.

I wonder if there are a lot of people who feel the same way since no one has bothered to participate in the poll or comment on the thread for 23 hours now?

I like both options and am happy that folks can engage in them and get corals and deals but I think I'm kind of burnt out after 20 years of online auction action.

auction oops GIF
:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing::cool:
Having a decent LFS close by is definitely a plus. I used to have one that I went to frequently but he closed down. Now the good ones are across town and I'm rarely able to make it the hour drive over. Sometimes paying the shipping is worth it for me, sometimes knowing which pieces I'm getting and seeing them in person is worth it to me. Both are great options, LFS would be the best if there is a decent one close enough.

I haven't really been buying much lately but I love hanging out in the sales.

I've noticed more and more new people along with the regulars in a lot of the sales and I've noticed that some vendors have auctions and attract more buyers than usual while others seem to lose regulars for the auctions that would be there for the livesales.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having a decent LFS close by is definitely a plus. I used to have one that I went to frequently but he closed down. Now the good ones are across town and I'm rarely able to make it the hour drive over. Sometimes paying the shipping is worth it for me, sometimes knowing which pieces I'm getting and seeing them in person is worth it to me. Both are great options, LFS would be the best if there is a decent one close enough.

I haven't really been buying much lately but I love hanging out in the sales.

I've noticed more and more new people along with the regulars in a lot of the sales and I've noticed that some vendors have auctions and attract more buyers than usual while others seem to lose regulars for the auctions that would be there for the livesales.
I’m happy to hang out on here to see what people are doing, but I prefer in person interaction. I wonder what the future holds for people with the ability to communicate electronically and not having to go out doors farther than the mailbox or the porch to get life delivered to them?
But that’s another topic that I don’t want to confront.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’m happy to hang out on here to see what people are doing, but I prefer in person interaction. I wonder what the future holds for people with the ability to communicate electronically and not having to go out doors farther than the mailbox or the porch to get life delivered to them?
But that’s another topic that I don’t want to confront.
Wait... You have to go outside to go to the mailbox??? You don't have an Outlook?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 6.7%
Back