What's your Radion schedule?

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been slowly tweaking my schedule to appease my corals and my eyes. I first started out with the SPS AB+. For me it was too bright (too much white light) during the middle of the day. Not all but some SPS seemed to get a little washed out but LPS are doing great. It could be a nutrient issue (lack of) but for the most part I'm happy with my modded schedule so far.

IMG_0573.JPG

JBP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone has any good recommendation for Radion schedule for a nano reef set up? Mainly all softies.

JBP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you.

Running XR15 Pro Gen 3 with the RMS Mount.

FL-Reefer-addict352

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I jave 2 xr15 gen 4 pros over a 57g rimless 98% zoa I use the deep reef preset at 30% and it gives great color and crazy growth

christiantt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been slowly tweaking my schedule to appease my corals and my eyes. I first started out with the SPS AB+. For me it was too bright (too much white light) during the middle of the day. Not all but some SPS seemed to get a little washed out but LPS are doing great. It could be a nutrient issue (lack of) but for the most part I'm happy with my modded schedule so far.

What's the size of the tank?? :)

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_0573.JPG

How are you getting those color channel lines on your chart? I am not getting them.

upload_2017-6-6_12-24-21.png

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is with this zig zag pattern I would like to know.

@saltyfilmfolks
K, so Thinking about it. From Dana(and all those guys hang out), we know photoinhibition slows growth, and higher light increases pigmentation. So by increasing and decreasing your doing both things in a day.
Id guess its an ongoing experiment in replicating natural days in the wild, but we do know that some of it works as replicating seasonal photoperiods seems to be A key in making corals spawn in captivity. But as I reacall temperature control is also being used in conjunction with the light cycle .

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you look at the ocean they don't get 8 hour of the full par intensity its probably goes up and down a few time per day. In our tanks they are exposed to shallow water and high par throughout the day. This is the reason why Corals are brown in the ocean and look much sexier in our tanks;)... I Never want to run the lights at full intensity for 6-8 hour period - did it with MH and don't like it.. I rather ramp it up and down for 8 hours so they get a chance to rest in between light output. So far I added 7 SPS frags so they seem to be acclimating very well to the light. I will definitely ramp it up to 60%-100% in the future depending on Par levels but I would like to get 200-400 par range throughout the day about 12-18" below water line. i still have to test the water levels with my Par level so hopefully the 45-60% ramp up is ideal.

RamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
K, so Thinking about it. From Dana(and all those guys hang out), we know photoinhibition slows growth, and higher light increases pigmentation. So by increasing and decreasing your doing both things in a day.
Id guess its an ongoing experiment in replicating natural days in the wild, but we do know that some of it works as replicating seasonal photoperiods seems to be A key in making corals spawn in captivity. But as I reacall temperature control is also being used in conjunction with the light cycle .
Yes I get that, but if you look at the graphs they are doing like a ramp up down cycle every 2-4 hours or so over a 12 hour day. Maybe this is linked to stages of zooanthellea and triggering them to do something.

It's also #notallchannels but seems to be focused on the UV / Blue spectrum.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue may be more closely associated with skeletal growth.
Uv in led is experimental at best save actinic Theory.

@reefwiser
Any info in this bud?

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you talking about the article I posted on Facebook Sanjay,Dana and Steve Tyree have been talking about. [emoji3]

http://journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fmars.2015.00122/full

I learned this a long time ago but I am also learning about trace elements now. Lighting is one small piece of the puzzle of keeping SPS.
Thanks ED. Yup this is just on light.
Is the zig zag or fluctuation of par levels over the course of the light cycle.

Have you heard of that?

One piece of the pie per thread on this one.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yes that is an issue with all LED lights that is why you see people adding t5's to the mix to even that out.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back