When Clowns Attack!!!

Vnomus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Up to this point, the pair of clowns in my 65g have always stayed close to their chosen Nem, only driving off the occasional passerby that got a little too close to home base. Then this week I introduced a Midas Blenny to the mix after a couple of days in an acclimation box. He immediately setup shop in a rock cave on the other side of the tank from the Clowns.
The Clowns were not impressed and immediately went on the attack...what the heck? They don't seem to care about any other tankmates ( including a Starry Blenny).

Is there something specific about Midas and Clowns?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Up to this point, the pair of clowns in my 65g have always stayed close to their chosen Nem, only driving off the occasional passerby that got a little too close to home base. Then this week I introduced a Midas Blenny to the mix after a couple of days in an acclimation box. He immediately setup shop in a rock cave on the other side of the tank from the Clowns.
The Clowns were not impressed and immediately went on the attack...what the heck? They don't seem to care about any other tankmates ( including a Starry Blenny).

Is there something specific about Midas and Clowns?
Clowns can be vicious and territorial especially if paired off often attacking other fish and even the hands that feed them.

clown bite.png

Terry Le

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My will knock of whatever rock, frag, branch of coral if i placed too close to their home

OP
OP
V

Vnomus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seem to have brokered a truce by banishing the smaller (male?) to Sumpville.... As soon as I removed him the aggression stopped and the new Midas is swimming freely around the tank....Hate to have to break up the duo though.....☹

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 93 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back