When did the BUYER become responsible for shipping delays?

Jamie814

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are you willing to pay the insurance as part of your purchase price?
I did not read the entire thread but I'm glad the seller came through in the end and gave a full refund.

This is one of those cases where the shipping carrier is as fault but bears no responsibility for the loss per their contract when the shipping was purchased. Even with insurance they would not cover a live "animal" loss due to shipping delays or not. Purchasing insurance for corals would be a waste of money.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would hold an established vendor to a different standard than a fellow hobbyist when it comes to shipping issues. As I stated on the first page of this thread, it is always helpful to have the FULL story from the start. I stopped participating in this thread because clearly the OP was withholding info to help skew opinion in their favor. The extent of which was unknown until now.

OP
OP
UMALUM

UMALUM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for 13 more pages of pontificating poetic that boil down to 'it depends'!

In all seriousness, I'm glad the seller came and added their perspective and kind of question the OP now for never mentioning the steps the seller took in response to their complaint.
I didn't mention our conversation in detail because 1 this isn't and wasn't supposed to be a buyer/seller feedback thread as much as some tried to turn it into one and 2 after the seller offered 50% back I refused and he then replied you know I don't even have to do that. That's when I said you do what you thinks right. There was never an agreement made for restitution it was gonna be his way or the highway. I clearly started in my first post I wasn't going into detail as my personal experience shouldn't waiver one's opion on a simple question.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't mention our conversation in detail because 1 this isn't and wasn't supposed to be a buyer/seller feedback thread as much as some tried to turn it into one and 2 after the seller offered 50% back I refused and he then replied you know I don't even have to do that. That's when I said you do what you thinks right. There was never an agreement made for restitution it was gonna be his way or the highway. I clearly started in my first post I wasn't going into detail as my personal experience shouldn't waiver one's opion on a simple question.
Post #70 says it all...

OP
OP
UMALUM

UMALUM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one where you painted the seller to be dishonest and unwilling to work toward a resolution.

An apology to the seller would be in order.
The seller just said he was completely wrong and apologized for it. I didn't paint anything. Once again your dreaming. Him offering a BS 50% refund wasn't acceptable to me and is absolutely none of you business. Go back and read the thread title, when you think you understand it read it 10 more times. Your not getting another second of my time.

Griev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I got was " not my responsibility ".
Here let me highlight where you lied in your very first post. Not even a lie of omission, but a bold faced misrepresentation.

You also had multiple opportunities to clarify, but you didn't. I can't say for sure your intent, but it sure looks like you did that so people would take your side.

You're well within your rights to decline the sellers offer, but bruh.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here let me highlight where you lied in your very first post. Not even a lie of omission, but a bold faced misrepresentation.

You also had multiple opportunities to clarify, but you didn't. I can't say for sure your intent, but it sure looks like you did that so people would take your side.

You're well within your rights to decline the sellers offer, but bruh.
Let me understand this... The OP has screen shots to back up his claims but you automatically put him on blast and believe the seller when they say something different?

Griev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me understand this... The OP has screen shots to back up his claims but you automatically put him on blast and believe the seller when they say something different?
Two posts before your white knighting, he confirmed the seller offered the discount.

Griev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The seller just said he was completely wrong and apologized for it. I didn't paint anything. Once again your dreaming. Him offering a BS 50% refund wasn't acceptable to me and is absolutely none of you business. Go back and read the thread title, when you think you understand it read it 10 more times. Your not getting another second of my time.
Quoting in case he edits

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You made it everyones business when you decided to name the seller and post part of the conversation.

You are the one who threw the "thread title" out the window.

What is the truth? Who knows, likely someplace between both stories, but if you were true to your word and just looking for an answer to a "simple question" you would not have outed them.

luis angel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You made it everyones business when you decided to name the seller and post part of the conversation.

You are the one who threw the "thread title" out the window.

What is the truth? Who knows, likely someplace between both stories, but if you were true to your word and just looking for an answer to a "simple question" you would not have outed them.
without taking anyone's side in this thread because I have been reading it from the beginning to learn because I don't know nothing about the topic, But from the beginning I thought he didn't want to say the name of the seller until everyone kept asking for it, I think it's time to un-watch this thread because this is already turning 180 degrees, greetings to all and happy weekend

Griev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
without taking anyone's side in this thread because I have been reading it from the beginning to learn because I don't know nothing about the topic, But from the beginning I thought he didn't want to say the name of the seller until everyone kept asking for it, I think it's time to un-watch this thread because this is already turning 180 degrees, greetings to all and happy weekend
Right, but the moment he dropped the sellers name and one-sided screenshots, he should have come clean that the seller did not avoid responsibility as he originally claimed, but in fact attempted to assume half of the responsibility. When he outed the seller without correcting his misrepresentation, that was dishonest, IMO.

With that new information in mind, I'm far more likely to work with the original seller in this instance, who seemed responsive and open to doing the right thing, and a lot less likely to ever work with the buyer, who's misrepresented the scenario for attention. He may have started the thread to ask a different question, but he is the one who ultimately changed the topic by posting the seller's information.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course there was pressure, but that does not change the fact that the seller was outed and only part of the story was provided.

Looking past the combative participants in this thread and those here solely to throw stones, there is actually a wealth of information and lessons to be learned.

Have a wonderful weekend.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.5%
Back