When is the Osmolator 2 coming out?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are in the final stages of development, on these and 7000 Smart Controller, since the basic development was completed a couple years ago and new more modern chips have since come out, the chips are being changed to the most recent so at launch they are state of the art, this requires some software changes as well. We have also taken the time to extensively torture test the new optic sensor and it is extremely durable, it can even handle heavy scratches and still function. We also needed to catch up all the existing products and get back to normal before launching new products, but this is nearly complete as of now the only problem areas are MAR Reactors and 6150 Stream 3. We expect the Osmolator 2 Basic around May/June and the Osmolator 2 Professional around October. The new catalog is now available for download and has a few new products, but only features products that will be available by April, the new HiJet as a retrofit for current Osmolators is featured, the Osmolator 2 will use a different version of this pump as it won't require driver circuitry to convert the basic 12V DC to a PWM control since that will be on board on the new units and the new tubing size will also be standard with Osmolator 2 (regular 6mm airline).

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve run the 3155 for many years now and just started using kalkwasser roughly 8 months ago. I notice the eye sensor gets a haze and the ATO stops working till I soak the eye in vinegar. It’s a biweekly process that’s driving me away from ATO’s with the glass sensor.

Does this Fall professional 2 setup have the similar glass water level sensor?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The solution to this is move the kalk dosing far upstream or downstream of the sensor. The new sensor will be more resistant to this in the sense it can operate with much more impairment, but it will still be impaired and this wil be true of almost any sensor. Kalkwasser is very hard on technical equipment and generally, your best bet will be to add it to your overflow box so it can mix completely and all reactions with CO2, etc occur before reaching pumps, heater, probes and sensors. The main culprit is that it reacts with CO2 to form insoluble calcium carbonate film. The osmolator top off hose can simply be routed to your overflow, sensors stay in the same place they are.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Preorders are at the discretion of dealers, generally, most dealers avoid preorders as it tends to be a record keeping nightmare. We expect to see the Osmolator 2 Basic (the version you have seen) around May/June and the Osmolator 2 Professional around October/November. If you are upgrading from a 3155, the Professional is the real upgrade, the Basic, is an upgrade to the Nano Osmolator without the small size limitation.

David_CO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve run the 3155 for many years now and just started using kalkwasser roughly 8 months ago. I notice the eye sensor gets a haze and the ATO stops working till I soak the eye in vinegar. It’s a biweekly process that’s driving me away from ATO’s with the glass sensor.

Does this Fall professional 2 setup have the similar glass water level sensor?
I was having to clean my sensor twice a week due to heavy kalk dosing. I put a small sicce voyager power head in my return right below where they kalk drips in right below the water surface so the kalk is instantly mixed in and I haven’t cleaned it once in 2 months now.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will need to check on dates with the factory, I only know at this time the design is finalized and components are in production, but they won't typically start a launch until several hundred are ready to go and usually packaging and instructions are the last hurdles to complete.

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I will need to check on dates with the factory, I only know at this time the design is finalized and components are in production, but they won't typically start a launch until several hundred are ready to go and usually packaging and instructions are the last hurdles to complete.
Any projected dates?
I might just wait on the Pro version but I do want to read on what this upcoming version will bring to the table.
I’m simple, just looking for the newer 3155.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We expect the New Osmolator definitely in time for Black Friday. The Pro version will follow shortly after, they will be largely the same functionally, the Pro model just adds WIFI and notifications. Despite earlier speculation, the base model has all the other back ups and features except WIFI.

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
the 3155 has been such a reliable workhorse…
i don’t envision upgrading the 4 that i have for the latest (unproven) version

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope the new version doesn't run the pump every time power is applied. I power off my return and 3155 when I feed three times a day. Have to listen to the power on beep, and if the sump is running a little high, it will trip the float switch and go into full alarm.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new one does not run the pump on start up, it flashes a light until it is active which is primarily the time needed for the thermal back up to heat up and register a default temperature. I am overall very impressed with the new version and I have used the Osmolator for over 20 years, since the 3150 which used two floats. It is a big advance but I generally would not upgrade until you need to, the 3155 works very well, the main thing this adds is it is waterproof and a much cleaner unit without a lot of wires. I know first hand it is pretty thoroughly tested, it has been in development for years, with many, many revisions as we know, we can't make a mistake on this product. The safety sensor in particular, almost every technology was tested from capacitive touch, to micro floats, to conductivity, to pressure sensors and they all failed in testing and this thermal system is very carefully designed and tested. I have tried messing it up, hot water, cold water, salt crust, all the things that messed up the other options don't phase it and if it detects an unusual operating condition, it just refuses to run.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think I said it already but my 3155 is pushing 8 years old. All original. Been perfect. I can’t wait for the new one though!! Day one buying it simply because I like the idea of much cleaner install and the new pump uses RO tubing directly. Every ATO/dosing system in the hobby should use RO tubing natively.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It uses and includes polyurethane tubing, while RO tubing may fit, PU tubing is vastly superior, it can take higher pressure, it is flexible in that you can make tight loops and it doesn't want to pop back to the roll it has a memory of being in and it wont kink or squeeze flat. If you have never used PU tubing it is odd the first time you handle it, the closest I can compare it to is some properties are like glass tubing, (near impossible to squeeze flat or kink) others are like silicon tubing, (flexible and with a strange rubbery skin like feel), PE (RO tubing) seems boring and cheap by comparison. The tubing is included and it is available as hydraulic 6mm tubing from Amazon, eBay and most industrial suppliers, we include tubing made in Germany in a signature steel blue color.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It uses and includes polyurethane tubing, while RO tubing may fit, PU tubing is vastly superior, it can take higher pressure, it is flexible in that you can make tight loops and it doesn't want to pop back to the roll it has a memory of being in and it wont kink or squeeze flat. If you have never used PU tubing it is odd the first time you handle it, the closest I can compare it to is some properties are like glass tubing, (near impossible to squeeze flat or kink) others are like silicon tubing, (flexible and with a strange rubbery skin like feel), PE (RO tubing) seems boring and cheap by comparison. The tubing is included and it is available as hydraulic 6mm tubing from Amazon, eBay and most industrial suppliers, we include tubing made in Germany in a signature steel blue color.

What tubing comes with the current 3155?

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 75 40.3%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 95 51.1%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.2%

Back