When is the soonest you can add a bubble tip anemone?

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats yours. You cant use your experience and claim thats how they all act.
All I was saying was that there is no guarantee with an ocellaris. Nowhere did I use the word "all" . Its not unheard of.

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

im sorry but isn't that what your doing as well?

The BTA is not the native anem for Occellaris, and i know many that have never hosted a BTA and preferred to host a coral.

There is nothing wrong with @jtf74 statement.

He mearly stated facts, that its not the native anem... and there are chances it will never host it, which again is correct.

@Coldramen777

Clowns do not NEED an anem. and under most conditions, unless you know what your getting into, anem's bring a whole bunch of other problems into play, like being a moving wake of death and disaster, to possibly nuking your entire tank if they get stuck in a power head, or rotting your tank, if they die and your tank is not large.

Clowns will also host a lot of funny things, and may ignore the anem and host the funny things instead.
For example, mine hosted my wave maker for the longest time, then moved to my euphyllia, then finally settled on a duncan.

It completely ignored my rainbow BTA, up the the day i got rid of it, because again anem's bring a whole bunch of other issues you need to either accept or adapt, and my duncan does more then a good job at being host to the clowns.

So if you do get a nem, please don't go in with large expectations, and don't think your clowns NEED it.
Do it because you want the nem, as some of them are super pretty like the CSB, and rainbow, and because you want one.

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back