Where Is Everyone Buying Their Quarantined Fish?

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:flushed-face: @ Dr Reef prices.

I need to reevaluate my pricing
I have just learned of Dr. Reef like 2 days ago, and have no first hand experience. But just to point it out, he seems to have two "tiers" of many fish, "quarantined" and "conditioned", with the former being more expensive. He also had a pretty healthy shipping charge, and a high threshold for free shipping ($500, if I remember correctly). I don't know if any of that would factor into your pricing :)

^This is what I'm going to try. I am in the process of setting up my QT/Observation tank system right now, and learning about the different methodologies. I am a big fan of places that are offering QT'd fish, but right now I am enjoying learning more about the QT process, and hopefully being able to eliminate and treat most common pests.

Last edited:

Trixter227

Wrasse Wrangler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dr Reef, i recommend highly!
I have had 3 orders and a 4th arriveing on Thursday. Of the 9 fish recived only 1 DOA and it was a wrasse. I will update on Thursday with how the 6 wrasse do that i have on the way.
Great communication and quick response.
No outbreaks of any kind in any of my tanks with fish used.

Gregg @ ADP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just learned of Dr. Reef like 2 days ago, and have no first hand experience. But just to point it out, he seems to have two "tiers" of many fish, "quarantined" and "conditioned", with the former being more expensive. He also had a pretty healthy shipping charge, and a high threshold for free shipping ($500, if I remember correctly). I don't know if any of that would factor into your pricing :)
From looking at the site, I would say purchasing a combination of any two fish would qualify one for free shipping.

I have a different model. I sell only to my clients, and would never sell a fish that I wasn’t 100% confident in. Also have an extremely liberal replacement policy. In my years of experience, if a fish dies after being introduced to an established reef, there’s a 90% chance it had to do with incompatibility. Disease is very rare.

Back