Where should I get my rotifers from? Advice pls.

Niko219

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this month my clownfish started laying eggs. I wasn’t prepared for the eggs and the clownfish laid them on the live rock. When they hatched they all got sucked into the filter and died in my filter sock overnight.

after a week they laid eggs again and I got them to lay the eggs on a separate clay pot. I have an extra tank and all the other requirements except for the ROTIFERS. All of
my LFS only have frozen rotifers.

can I please get some help on where I should get them from? Online shipping prices are super expensive. I only need enough to start culturing them. Thanks!

ddwbeagles

Northern VA Novice Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reeds Mariculture or Florida Aqua Farms are two of the biggest and both have been in the business a long time.

Skydvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sustainable Aquatics is another, though they don't seem to have their typical listing at the moment.

If your LFS caries live feeds like Reeds or SA, see if they can get you rotifers with their next order. It will save you on shipping.

fragman2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend reaching out to your “local” reefing community. I have supplied interested parties with a gallon of my high density rotifer culture several times. It’s a much faster way for you to create your own sustainable and harvestable culture. Where are you located? Maybe someone reading this will be a local source for you. Good luck.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 51 34.7%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 38 25.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 28 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back