Where to buy a 6 to 8 foot rimless tank with a stand?

AiKkz

Hard work beats talent every time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 300 from AGE (acrylic and glass exhibits) its not rimless, but it's high quality and excellent customer service! they might be able to do rimless idk...

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just be careful, some of the online companies will let you put in your dimensions, select how you want it (rimless etc) type of glass etc. and their calculator will spit out the cost, and calculate shipping etc, but whether that tank is appropriate to hold that volume of water is questionable

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure you have been here but I have been dreaming of another big tank...

the best bank for the buck I found is planet aquarium non custom tanks there are not rimless however you can get a 310 peninsula ( that is what i was looking at for $2297

or a normal 310 for $1837

now this does not include crate or fright I did send them an email but as it's a holiday weekend I dont think i'll hear back from them til mid week.

for me I wanted needed a nice looking stand so when I was tank shopping I went with the RS 750XXL supper nice tank! by the time you buy a sump and stand it sure adds up. that is why these PNP system are pretty popular. but I sure would like another bigger tank for a FOWLR.

planet aquariums do have good reviews not sure I can go back to a rimmed tank? but if you want to go big that is pretty much the safest option.

another option is SCA I know they do thre 150 rimless also do custom work might be worth getting a quote to see what they can do.

good luck let us know what you find plz :D

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would not gamble with a 8ft rimless tank. Make sure you speak with a few tank makers before you order as @Jon Fishman said

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back