Where to seek equipment/plumbing consultation for tank 10+ ft

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After going back and forth a million times between measurements I believe I have narrowed down my choices to three sizes. The sizes are either a 128Lx30Dx36H, 144Lx30Dx30H, or 144Lx30Dx36H

To answer some expected questions, yes the tank will be on concrete slab. Planning to do a 8080 aluminum stand, I’ll have access from the back, I am willing to get wet for maintenance. The room will have its own mini split with dehumidifier. Planning for a mixed reef but will mostly be LPS dominated. Fish list won’t be extensive, planning for a pair of clowns, 4 yellow tangs, 1gem tang, possibly a purple tang, and orange shoulder or naso tang.

Now here come my concerns. I had my first tank in the works over a year ago but that had to be put on pause. I have been trying to soak up as much as possible about reefing in the mean time but still find myself a bit confused when it comes to plumbing a tank and flow.
I still have lots of new equipment from my previously planned build but I am afraid since new tank ideas are 2-4ft larger that it will be pushing its limits. I’m at the point where im willing to pay someone to help me design my tanks plumbing and help me determine which sump/flow will be best for my situation. Does anyone know a member or company I can reach out to for help?

Here’s my current equipment list

Deltec VF8000
Reef Octopus Regal 300External 12" Skimmer
8x G5 Pros
2x Syncra SDC 9.0
Apex with Trident
4x mp60s that I’ll probably sell due to acrylic being 1.5in thick

Equipment I’m looking into:
JBJ Arctica Chiller 1/3 HP
Reef Octopus CR5000D 8" Calcium Reactor

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 87 44.4%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 68 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 27 13.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back