Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello East Tennessee, I live in Southwest Virginia and I would like to know everyone’s thought on where reputable local fish stores are in the area. I am willing to drive the couple of hours to the Knoxville or Asheville area.

My tank:

Red Sea Reefer 250
Mostly softy tank
I will be upgrading hopefully to the 650 or 750 within the next year.

Check out High arise Aquariums in Asheville. Always wanna call first and not just roll down because his stock goes so fast. It’s the last LFS here and he usually gets all ORA stuff but like I said goes fast. https://m.facebook.com/hightideasheville/
Just an awesome Scoly for 50 from him

OP
OP
Jennie

Jennie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Jennie

Jennie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the CBB?
Doing ok, so far. Pecking at the rocks but not eating black worms or frozen music yet! Crossing my fingers that it will start tomorrow. Thanks for asking and your interest. I have already lost one copperband and am really gun shy but I really love this fish.

OP
OP
Jennie

Jennie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here he/she is

21C1245C-F47B-4E97-A8A9-7FC04AEE9FDF.jpeg

2AC6EFF7-65EC-42C8-93F8-06571EC637EB.jpeg

OP
OP
Jennie

Jennie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really sad... I lost the copperband today. I just got home from work and found him dead. No ick, velvet or anything. He was already being munched on by bristleworms, crab, and a nassarius snail. I don’t think I will try again with this fish for a long time if ever, it’s too heartbreaking.
3E54E68A-E658-4FDE-BB10-207F54704394.jpeg

Nibejeebies

R2R is the reason for my Insomia
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you that are in the general Tricities area, I live South of Knoxville, and Drive 3 times a week to JC for work... That being said If there's stuff you need and dont want to make the drive, its possible I can help you out until I eventually move to the tricities area.

Nibejeebies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really sad... I lost the copperband today. I just got home from work and found him dead. No ick, velvet or anything. He was already being munched on by bristleworms, crab, and a nassarius snail. I don’t think I will try again with this fish for a long time if ever, it’s too heartbreaking.
3E54E68A-E658-4FDE-BB10-207F54704394.jpeg
Hate to hear you lost him, the are such a beautiful fish, however, they are notoriously difficult. Heartbreaking nevertheless

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm really sorry! This happens very frequently with those guys. I just hate that :(

OP
OP
Jennie

Jennie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really hate to see he didn't make it. What store did you buy from?
Really hate to see he didn't make it. What store did you buy from?
the aquarium connection in Knoxville, Tennessee they told me he was eating mysis but never did with me, I did see him eat small feather dusters I had on a rock and a bristleworm.

Nibejeebies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the aquarium connection in Knoxville, Tennessee they told me he was eating mysis but never did with me, I did see him eat small feather dusters I had on a rock and a bristleworm.
Did they offically change their name? Last I heard and was there it was "The Aquarium on Papermill" or just "The Aquarium"

Also... Sadly they have done the exact same thing to me with some purchases. I don't buy livestock from them any more.

OP
OP
Jennie

Jennie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did they offically change their name? Last I heard and was there it was "The Aquarium on Papermill" or just "The Aquarium"

Also... Sadly they have done the exact same thing to me with some purchases. I don't buy livestock from them any more.
I’m not sure, I was given their name on here

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Their name seems to very depending on where it's listed.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Reefrookie220 works there.(Or did) He is super nice. Don't hold him responsible, but maybe he can offer some insight or help to connect you with someone to resolve any issues. He doesn't post often, so give him time to respond please.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 30 21.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 101 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.3%
Back