Where's my FishBit

redtigrinus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fellow reefers,

Have any of you who supported the FishBit kickstarter seen any type of update? How about you beta testers. Have you heard anything?

Current Labs and the FishBit creators have not been very forth coming about when the FishBit will be available to it's backers, leaving me and I'm sure many others wondering what is going on and if we are ever going to get the FishBit or our money back. All the backers have been very patient to no avail.

Any FishBit backers out there care to comment? Better yet, any Current Labs folks care to comment?

Where's my FishBit?

OP
OP
R

redtigrinus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've have personally emailed the CEO numerous times and I haven't gotten a response in months. I hate to say my emails are being ignored, but I don't know how else to put it. The last real update we got was October 27, 2016. There was one on December 1st, but it really didn't talk about the status of the FishBit.

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why I'm leery of kickstarter and pre-orders now. I've participated in two that have taken well over a year past their initial delivery estimate. Hope they start communicating better with you.

OP
OP
R

redtigrinus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why I'm leery of kickstarter and pre-orders now. I've participated in two that have taken well over a year past their initial delivery estimate. Hope they start communicating better with you.

I felt the same way but decided to give them a shot. Before they began running into hardware challenges, they were always very responsive but now I can't even get an email reply from them. Kind of hurts the next guy since this will probably be the first and last Kickstarter I back.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
R

redtigrinus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a backer and it is taking alot long the expected. They have been giving up dates here and there.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1758456789/fishbit-your-aquarium-made-simple/posts/1753674

@Mrx7899 are you using any other controller at the moment or was the FishBit suppose to be it?

The FishBit was supposed to be it for me but I recently purchased a tank that came with a vertex cerebra so I'll be trying that out.

I call myself trying to support some up and comers in the hobby but at this point I could've just spent the extra money and bought the apex gold or new apex.

OP
OP
R

redtigrinus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geez, they're not even answering questions that you KNOW they are reading. That's cold and not respectful at all to those that invested money.

Exactly. Most if not all backers have stood behind them despite not being communicated with, myself included but now it's becoming frustrating.

All we want is to be kept in the loop and for the promises made by them to be honored.

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Redtigrinus I am running a vertex cerebra on one tank and an old reefkeeper Lite on another tank was going to swap out the reefkeeper with the fishbit. But a got a drop off tank for Christmas so I might put it on that depending how long it takes for it to come out. But the way it looks it might be a while so if I find a good deal on a apex classic might pick it up and sell the fishbit well it comes

BIGGUN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do either of you guys have any extra Cerebra pieces? What all do you have them monitoring or running for you?

Kevin

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I don't know what's going on with the fishbit thing, and I don't know if this is relevant at all...

I have the fishbit app on my phone. I use it all the time to control my rapid LED Corona lights at work. Probably not the same thing. I'm probably talking about something else completely huh?

edit: I get it now. They are supposed to have a controller to go with it. Nevermind then! :D

OP
OP
R

redtigrinus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Mrx7899 I just purchased a new tank that came with a cerebra so I'll be using that for the time being. How do you like it?

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it its been pretty stable for me. It's still a new controller and it has a lot of growing to do. Join the cerebra owners forum its a big help and will keep you up to date with the latest software updates and how to's

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back