Which of these refugium lights is better?

becky46

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at cheap refugium lights online. I see these two recommended a bunch. Seem to have very different wattage. Just growing chaeto. What do you recommend? Thanks!

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The issue with both of these is going to be mounting them. I tried the top one and both are really meant to be hung on the ceiling. But that’s the right spectrum just fine one with a hook or stand. I like this one.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
B

becky46

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The issue with both of these is going to be mounting them. I tried the top one and both are really meant to be hung on the ceiling. But that’s the right spectrum just fine one with a hook or stand. I like this one.

Have you tried this?

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried this?

I have and would definitely not recommend. The flexible arm can get a bit "droopy" over time......not a good thing above water. The timer functions are ok I guess if that is what you want but very limited functionality, has to be reset every time a power outage, and can't use something like a smart plug to control the light cycle you are stuck with their three defaults. Also felt light output was less than I wanted(it did grow cheato but not nearly as well as some higher power lights)

OP
OP
B

becky46

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have and would definitely not recommend. The flexible arm can get a bit "droopy" over time......not a good thing above water. The timer functions are ok I guess if that is what you want but very limited functionality, has to be reset every time a power outage, and can't use something like a smart plug to control the light cycle you are stuck with their three defaults. Also felt light output was less than I wanted(it did grow cheato but not nearly as well as some higher power lights)
Thanks for the input! Any lights you recommend?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 27 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.8%
Back