Which state are you?

jwt1603

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jwt, what shops do You have Your way?
Bio Reef is by far the best. Orange Park Aquatics is OK. Coral Logic seems to be a bunch of surfer dudes but nice guys. Mandarin Sea Life isn't my favorite. (That's a hint by the way). I haven't been to Fins and Frags in St Augustine yet so I can't personally comment but I hear mixed reviews so I don't know what to think of them.

THX1138CY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dfw Texas. Lots of mediocre fish stores here, and a couple good ones...
DFW here, I've only see one decent one, DNA, if you know of some good ones I'd like to know. I still cant believe DNA wont order the Triton chemical line.

THX1138CY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to run a lfs in Dallas called Exotic Fish World. We were "cutting Edge" in the mid 80s. Had a blast. Every profession and income level came and shared their interest together. Was right next to The Million Dollar Saloon too.
Great location :p

JCM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DFW here, I've only see one decent one, DNA, if you know of some good ones I'd like to know. I still cant believe DNA wont order the Triton chemical line.

I go to Frank's tanks mostly. The selection can be hit or miss but frank is the friendliest guy you'll ever meet.

Shawn Dahl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
San Antonio TX. A couple small LFS. I do most of my purchasing online but enjoy stopping at Salty Fish for some stuff. They are knowledgeable and polite and their livestock has always appeared healthy when browsing. I purchased my most recent tank that is currently cycling from them

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bluffton (Hilton Head) South Carolina. Nothing here. Just purchased fish from live aquaria. First ever online fish purchase. Moved last November from Dayton Ohio. Everything you want is there for reefing.

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bio Reef is by far the best. Orange Park Aquatics is OK. Coral Logic seems to be a bunch of surfer dudes but nice guys. Mandarin Sea Life isn't my favorite. (That's a hint by the way). I haven't been to Fins and Frags in St Augustine yet so I can't personally comment but I hear mixed reviews so I don't know what to think of them.

Agreed, Bio Reef is the best . I'm like 10 minutes from OPA. Wondered if there where shops in or around St A. Give me an excuse for a road trip ! There is a place called Sach's that raises pod & such near highway 1.

lester lloyd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Illinois here right outside of Chicago there are a few outside of the city and lots in Chicago wait until the people hear how many people are fragging the deals are endless I need more tanks now Go Illinois

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 31 50.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 8.2%
Back