Which T5 Bulbs

GotSalt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its about time I get new bulbs. Right now Im using the stock current bulbs which is 2x10k and 2xactinic in my nova extreme fixture. Corals have done good under this lighting I just want something that gives the tank a little darker look and just wanted to get some ideas on which bulbs would achieve this.

Thanks

Last edited:

JuniorMC8704

Super Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giessman bulbs are Poo Poo...

look at them when they are on...they have bright and dull spots throughout the entire bulb...the have a poor useful life, and the ends appear to be trashed the day you install them.

ATI makes a decent bulb, but I just got some of the new Fauna Marin bulbs from cherry corals...OMG!

They are SO bright they look overdriven...

Todd did a demo for me having giessman, ATI, and Fauna bulbs all lit on the same setup all on at the same time...

The DUO bulb is so impressive its sickening. The 22K bulbs is out of this world too...

Ill never use a different bulb after seeing them.

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to disagree :) i used them with individual reflectors and they looked awsome! idk JMO but i kept sps with those 4 bulbs np and they grew like weeds for me

FateX8

Frag Dragon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
right now im using a mixture of ati and uvl
i need to find a store that carries all the brands but most places just carries 1 or 2 brands which sucks for comparisons

rebelprettyboy

xMRxCOMPLTEx
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I aggree giesslman is good to me IMO..

Got some pics of the Fauna Marin bulbs.. Im gonna get me a t5 fixture and lookin for something new

JuniorMC8704

Super Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
look at your bulbs when they are on and you WILL notice the ends of bulbs are very dark. ALSO, look at them long enough and you will see them get bright then dull, bright, then dull.

They are still decent bulbs, and have nice color, but they dont hold that intensity for long. I used them for 2 years, and once i replaced them with any of the higher end bulbs everything started getting better color, and growing faster.

The only reason i ever bought them was i could get them everywhere. All the others i have to order online.

However, well worth it.

Ill get some pics tonight to show what im talking about.

Zoanuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giessman bulbs are Poo Poo...

look at them when they are on...they have bright and dull spots throughout the entire bulb...the have a poor useful life, and the ends appear to be trashed the day you install them.

ATI makes a decent bulb, but I just got some of the new Fauna Marin bulbs from cherry corals...OMG!

They are SO bright they look overdriven...

Todd did a demo for me having giessman, ATI, and Fauna bulbs all lit on the same setup all on at the same time...

The DUO bulb is so impressive its sickening. The 22K bulbs is out of this world too...

Ill never use a different bulb after seeing them.

Jr sounds like you need to do a review on the Fauna bulbs!

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 132 42.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 107 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.9%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back