White blotches on chisel tooth wrasse

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BLUF: can anyone tell me what the blotches are?

I have this chisel tooth wrasse. He has been in my tank for about 2 weeks. I don’t QT, but i am on my second dose of Prazi as another wrasse was flashing with no visible sign of spots. But I noticed these a blotches a few days ago. Videos are best I can with this guy as he is quick, always out but kinda of an erratic swimmer. Bubbles in tank are from skimmer running with no cup for Prazi. I have kanaplex on hand I have focus that will be here tomorrow.

Thank you.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
BLUF: can anyone tell me what the blotches are?

I have this chisel tooth wrasse. He has been in my tank for about 2 weeks. I don’t QT, but i am on my second dose of Prazi as another wrasse was flashing with no visible sign of spots. But I noticed these a blotches a few days ago. Videos are best I can with this guy as he is quick, always out but kinda of an erratic swimmer. Bubbles in tank are from skimmer running with no cup for Prazi. I have kanaplex on hand I have focus that will be here tomorrow.

Thank you.

Its hard to see the blotches of concern as video is blurry, need more white bright intensity and fish is moving quickly as well as bubble and debris in video. Assure glass clean and turn of pump for video.
The fish also appears slightly thin. Is it eating ?
Focus is merely a binder but you can sure use Kanaplex especially if fish not Quarantined but administer in a separate tank

OP
OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its hard to see the blotches of concern as video is blurry, need more white bright intensity and fish is moving quickly as well as bubble and debris in video. Assure glass clean and turn of pump for video.
The fish also appears slightly thin. Is it eating ?
Focus is merely a binder but you can sure use Kanaplex especially if fish not Quarantined but administer in a separate tank
Yes he is eating, i just fed after I made video. I’ll shut off pumps and see if I can ga better video. I didn’t upload pictures because he was too fast for those.

OP
OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Taking a closer look it looks like the larger spot near his fin might lymph it sticks off his skin. Then it looks like a film below it.
IMG_6597.png
IMG_6596.png
IMG_6594.png
IMG_6593.png
IMG_6596.png
IMG_6597.png
IMG_6593.png

Attachments

• IMG_6595.png
    IMG_6595.png
    839.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6592.png
    IMG_6592.png
    871.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6591.png
    IMG_6591.png
    829.2 KB · Views: 10

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Taking a closer look it looks like the larger spot near his fin might lymph it sticks off his skin. Then it looks like a film below it.
IMG_6597.png
IMG_6596.png
IMG_6594.png
IMG_6593.png
IMG_6596.png
IMG_6597.png
IMG_6593.png
Thank you for clearer video and I see them now. These appear to be cysts or fluid filled warranting treatment for fish using seachem kanaplex along with added aeration using air stone

OP
OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just and update.
I have completed two doses of kanaplex and so far the fish is looking better. There is Less Bloch near the spot that is raised off his skin and the bump looks smaller. One more dose to go tomorrow.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 185 73.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.7%
Back