White bumps on tang >>NOT ICH<< HELP

Luke Schnabel

I like corals...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey everyone!
I have a tang in my quarentine tank and it developed a few white bumps by its tail the first day I had it. Now about 2 weeks later it's developed more and more. I know it's not Ich as I have had ich before and know EXACTLY what it looks like. These white bumps are WAY larger then ich, they almost look like little white head zits on this thing. I've tried to search google and still confused as to what it might be.

The tang is in a tank with a baby Foxface and a small six line wrasse. All of whome do not have the bumps.

If anyone can ID this and possibly post a treatment and plan of attack I would greatly appreciate it.

IMG_3172.PNG

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's possible that it's lympho, but yeah.... an odd place for it to develop. Are there any meds in the water? Have you been treating for anything prophylactically?

Jmas4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably it is lymph. Picture is a little blurry. If it is lymph, there is no cure. Good news is that is has a very low mortality rate. The only thing you can do is keep it in stable conditions and feed your tang healthy food. The lymph will disappear on its own.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like either a skin reaction to something, or maybe a weird bacterial presentation. I've never seen lymph look like that.

You could maybe try an acriflavine bath and see if that makes a difference? If it's bacterial it might help a bit...

I'm interested to hear @Humblefish 's opinion on this one...

OP
OP
Luke Schnabel

Luke Schnabel

I like corals...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks for all the help guys! Ill keep the tank as clean as possible. I ordered some vitamin c to soak in the food. I did some quick research and it looks exactly what you guys are saying. I guess Ill just have to wait it out! Thanks!!!

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to see some closeup photos, showing the white bumps in greater detail.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 69 51.5%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back