White fuzz on LPS

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since the move, My surviving LPS are quickly going the way of the dodo because of this white fuzz that keeps spreading. How effective are dips? What dips are recommended?

BigBadZoaDaddy

Orange ya gonna Frag it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
White fuzz sound like fungus, do you have a pics! ANd at this point anything will help IMO. FW will not though if it is fungus?

OP
OP
gflat65

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's definitely a fungus of some sort (or bacteria, etc.). It spreads at a rate of about 1/8" an hour and when it floats off, the skeleton is white... I'll let you know if any of the dips work on it. I'll try a SW/Lugol's and a TMPCC dip for everyone (that's what I've got in house). Thanks guys. I've had this before and nothing worked and it only comes around under high stress to the coral. Ahh fun. a new one with little info;)...

reefone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
uh-oh i had the same thing happen to a bunch of my micros and acans. i did a heavy fw & lugals dip on them. some made it some didnt. its a fungas that will spread to other lps. id qt them.

BigBadZoaDaddy

Orange ya gonna Frag it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK chatting with the dude at the LFS was pointing out a product called pimafix? natural remedy for fungus, he was going to do a dip on a few Zoa rocks and LMK what the outcome was, just thought I would thruogh that out there?

Back