White jelly around clownfish?

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing I can think of is that right now the clowns are battling brook. They are doing a great job hence it keeps disappearing. They get it, they fight it, then it goes away but will be in the tank so it keeps trying. I could be wrong but to me it makes sense

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing I can think of is that right now the clowns are battling brook. They are doing a great job hence it keeps disappearing. They get it, they fight it, then it goes away but will be in the tank so it keeps trying. I could be wrong but to me it makes sense

That could be one possibility. I know my Mandarin gets a THICK slime coat at night when she nessles down on the sand bed and looks awefulin the morning. Could be something similar.

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That could be one possibility. I know my Mandarin gets a THICK slime coat at night when she nessles down on the sand bed and looks awefulin the morning. Could be something similar.
Agreed but mandarins have more slime coat then clowns. Which is why clowns get rich and mandarins rarely do.

OP
OP
Ramiro Casal

Ramiro Casal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
quick little update for those that are interested/care. My clownfish have never looked better and have never had a larger appetite. The white slime has not come back and they have never been more colorful. I didnt add any medication or anything.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 42 26.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 31 19.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 29 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back