jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a4beff9ca681e98a544fbf9252f1744f.jpg

1004e2b4166fe9396a16a0696579ce57.jpg

I got these from MarineFlora.com . I really like them, thought you guys might too. The white ones have a pale pink oral disk, sorta like the Raspberry Limeades are shaded, I think. The camera flash overwhelmed the pink and shaded it out in the pic, but you can still see it a bit. The rest (mouth and skirt) are chalk white. I think they are beautiful.

The other ones have a neon orange oral disk and are pretty rockin. Sorta look like if you took a tangerine and made it neon. Super cool to me!

:D
Laurie

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmmm, the frags dont look too good. very stressed. and look like they previously werent getting much light as the stalks are very tall like they are reaching for the light.

do you have any links to what they looked like on their site? like some original pics?

what kind of lighting to do you have?

OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, they were very stressed. I almost lost them but I blew them off with a turkey baster and Lugols'd them every night for a long time to get them back and healed up. They had that white mucus on them for a bit from heat stress. It was my fault, not Sams- I asked him to Priority mail them from Cali to Maine and it took 4 days in bad heat. The fact that any of them made it at all is a testament to his shipping methods, because they were literally cooking after the cold pack lost its cold.

Today was the first time I could take a pic that I thought was ok of the oral disk.

OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah, they are under Jalli PC lights. One old actinic (gotta replace it), and 1 7100 and 3 10k 55 watt bulbs.

I think I just got a used 150 MH though, from Reef Junkie. Really nice guy. Can't wait to get it.

Laurie

EDGRAY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW Laurie and well if not wrong we almost get the same frags LOL first one i have it and after a week it turned like this skirt same body pink with purple rings really nice morph then the other ones in 2nd pic mine look exactly the same still stressed too but they are doing better everyday really nice i love does but really your pic doesnt make any justice to the 2nd pic ill try to take the neon lighorange color today but see if i can... but anyways they are really nite...keep up with the good work...

OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EDGRAY said:
WOW Laurie and well if not wrong we almost get the same frags LOL first one i have it and after a week it turned like this skirt same body pink with purple rings really nice morph then the other ones in 2nd pic mine look exactly the same still stressed too but they are doing better everyday really nice i love does but really your pic doesnt make any justice to the 2nd pic ill try to take the neon lighorange color today but see if i can... but anyways they are really nite...keep up with the good work...

Thanks Ed, that would be awesome. I'd love to know what they are going to be like, I put alot of work into saving them (LOL and alot of iodine.. heh) because I knew from your pics how nice Sam's frags are.

I cheered out loud when they started to open up!! I feel embarrassed I got him to send Priority. :(

I like them the way they are now too, but holy moley what you are describing sounds super!

:wave:
Laurie

OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
surfn said:
hmmm, the frags dont look too good. very stressed. and look like they previously werent getting much light as the stalks are very tall like they are reaching for the light.

do you have any links to what they looked like on their site? like some original pics?

what kind of lighting to do you have?

I would have to ask Sam for sure, but I think maybe these might be them on his site?

http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g...urrent=IMG_0982.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch5

So many beautiful pics of zoas there now, I always get lost in looking at them :lol:. Did you see the neon orange/red skirted ones on the second page with the white centers??? And the green ones with the bright pink skirts onthe first page??? Sooooo pretty. I'm prolly going to order again soon. Can't help it :D I want to try glueing them to my overflow box like Ed has them hanging on his tank wall.

Laurie

OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not only were the pinks more open today, but a newcomer opened for the first time today, and guess what!!???!! They were blue!! MOst of them didn't make it on that particular rock, but the ones that did, WOW!!!! I stared at the blue ones forever this morning, thinking I was still dreaming. :D The Saltwater gods have smiled upon me today :LOL: (Thanks Sam!)

Laurie

EDGRAY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:cheers: [-o< yayayaya you got some blues i told you that he send you some blues cause he almost send us the same frags in same time and well dont get embarrassed i did ask for priority shipping too :oops: anyways yeah we got does blues from same colony .. they are really tiny and the blue is so cool dont you think... mine opened 2 days ago so i guess god heard our prays :D look here is the colony before SAM frag i got the bottom corner were the brown paly is i got the paly and some blues 8-15polyps..

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g179/marineflora/IMG_0926.jpg

YOU GOT YOU self some blues so happy for you.. :D

try to get a closer look of yours ill try to take pics of mine today.. after work

OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will go take pics at feeding time when I change out the PC lights over the tank. So happy to have little blues to take pictures of! Do you think they will get as big as the ones in the photobucket picture?

:love1:
Laurie

EDGRAY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how big the polyps are gonna get but well i think i got the pic before you here is my frag from same colony of yours... thx SAM

DSC_0061.jpg

Hope you like laurie :D

OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like, I like, I like!!!!!

Those are BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I will hug them and kiss them and call them George...

Laurie

OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7c1959376f12d3173ada0147142b0769.jpg

Updated pic.. they are turning a really pretty shade of lavender. My favorite zoas in the tank so far...
Laurie

OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!

JGoslee said:
They turned out really nice! Great color.

I think they are really a pale lavendar now with a bit of a pink ring around the mouth. I sent them to zoaid to see if I could name them. I figured, if I like to stare at them so much, maybe someone else would also! :lol:

Thanks, Angie!

Laurie

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 23 33.3%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 14 20.3%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back