White stringy thing hanging from clownfish

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Order some prazi pro online at marinedepot.com or bulkreefsupply.com. Don't risk it. Stringy white poop hanging on the fish is a good indication of parasites. The treatment won't harm the fish especially since you said it is eating really well. Sometimes I have noticed prazi can make them eat less. But you want to make sure, otherwise if your fish does have parasites it will slowly waste away while you think it is doing great. Best advice you can get.

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I quote "MICROBE-LIFT/Herbtana supports the fish's immune
system, driving off the excess parasites. Since they cannot
return to the fish during that treatment, the majority of the
parasites will starve without a host. So, although MICROBELIFT/
Herbtana does not directly kill parasites, it is
ultimately responsible for their death."

OP
OP
Luka

Luka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to go back to my LFS and see if he has the other stuff that I fuse with the food if not then I will get prazi

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And metro if you are going that route. It will take care of all intestinal parasites nit just worms

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really difficult to make it just taste horrible so most fish don't eat lots. I would also pick up garlic to help hide the taste.

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is probably just stressed from all the commotion. I am assuming he was wild caught. The fact he started eating means he settled in. It also means he is still in good shape. When a fish with internal parasites won't it is a fast decline.

OP
OP
Luka

Luka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It wont be too late if I get that stuff tomorrow? And garlic like store garlic? I think he was captive bred.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It wont be too late if I get that stuff tomorrow? And garlic like store garlic? I think he was captive bred.
You can use the juice from store garlic as long as the ingredients ONLY list garlic and nothing else. You can buy garlic extract at your LFS for this purpose though. The best way to go is to use the Metro in a QT tank. You can feed it to them using Focus to bind the metro to the food. Either of these should work, though dosing the water in a QT is the best method IMO

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unlike others internal parasites are slow killers. You should be ok if you can't get the stuff until tomorrow. Just remember he should be considered contagious so if you have other fish treat them as well.

OP
OP
Luka

Luka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a QT tank....so what do I do now. I am noticing a white cloudishy spot very small in his eyes. I can't tell if it is on the other fish as well, he doesn't swim up to me. Is it just the lights or should I be worried about this too?

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a shame that a captive breed fish was exposed. If you do a little reading on here you will find that a qt doesn't have to actually be a tank. There are many simple and cheap options.

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very possible it is flukes. The meds for the internal parasites will kill these too.

OP
OP
Luka

Luka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel bad for him... So if I need to treat them all whats the point of QT? And thanks for your help guys i really appreciate it. I hope this thread helps others as well.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel bad for him... So if I need to treat them all whats the point of QT? And thanks for your help guys i really appreciate it. I hope this thread helps others as well.

So, if you bind the metro to their food using Focus you can keep them in the DT and just medicate with their food. A QT is important becuase the best way to use metro is by dosing the water. Metro could cause harm to other inhabitants in your tank, like inverts, so it's best done in a separate tank. especially if you have to use antibiotics to treat bacterial infections caused by the flukes (if they are indeed present). antibiotics cant be done in the display

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 136 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back