White worms anyone ?

Eddie7144

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started feeding live black worms to my fish, are white worms more nutritious ? Do they live longer in salt water ? Black worms die after about 15 seconds, m feeding worms for my copper band butterfly it is eating but now with the worms its eating alot more and want to keep him healthy.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started feeding live black worms to my fish, are white worms more nutritious ? Do they live longer in salt water ? Black worms die after about 15 seconds, m feeding worms for my copper band butterfly it is eating but now with the worms its eating alot more and want to keep him healthy.
Good advice above.
I raise both. One is not any more nutritious than another. They both will lose body fat if not fed.
For more info on the white worms there is this thread here and others
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/give-your-white-worms-a-bath.350754/
There are also online resources for raising both types including grindal worms.

Brad Miller

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small culture but they take off really fast if you do the bread, yogurt and yeast like Paul spells out in the article Latin posted above....definately worth it as it’s Greta free food for you tank

OP
OP
Eddie7144

Eddie7144

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small culture but they take off really fast if you do the bread, yogurt and yeast like Paul spells out in the article Latin posted above....definately worth it as it’s Greta free food for you tank
I've seen the video, that's great to hear, cant wait to try it out

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've seen the video, that's great to hear, cant wait to try it out
White worms, like many other live feeds, are great for the fish, but do take some work and consistency. Is it worth it? Yes, but you can't ignore them and expect them to still be there. I have found black worms to be fantastic for freshwater fish, but not as much for SW - a live, wiggling worm is more tempting to fish. Also, like someone else mentioned if you can gut load them with other beneficial foods then your fish get a double benefit. Good luck!

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 88 41.5%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 106 50.0%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.3%
Back