Whitespotted grouper

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love Brightwell and have found their product to still be potent over a year after it was opened.

Human stuff works well too. Mix it up in water first by some heavy shaking, before pouring it into the water.

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lionfish lair got me on the brightwell vit c and I use it and like it. Most likely have to order it in, but when she gives you the dosing amounts, tablets work well too.

Good luck, hope he pulls through.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is 20L? As in ~5 gallons? Or are you just saying you'd use 200mg per 20 litres?

Last edited:

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would start with 1/2 that.

Have you heard about dosing vitamin C before? Do you know to watch pH?

OP
OP
twlawrenceko

twlawrenceko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to agree with Cu455. Something is beating that fish up when you are not around. Move it and it should heal in no time. That fish is going to die if you leave it in that tank, No matter how much vitamin c you give it. It is not eating because it is stressed as ****.
I've set up a camera to record what is happening when I'm not there. So, this is what I see, the other fish went into the net where the grouper stays accidentally. The first two ot three weeks grouper stays at the bottom. But recently, the grouper will swim to the higher place and escape from the net. It gets more energy than before I think, but still not eating anything...[emoji26]

My tank's environment is pretty bad, checked this Monday:
No3: 500
No2:0
Kh: 3°d
Ph: 7.0

I already add Kh buffer into the tank the day before yesterday.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to work on bringing that pH up nice and slowly before you do anything else. Are you sure your test kits are correct? How old are they? What type.

7.o isn't low.... it's deadly low. Don't dose any vitamin C. Do you have some water you can change? What's the pH of that water.

OP
OP
twlawrenceko

twlawrenceko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to work on bringing that pH up nice and slowly before you do anything else. Are you sure your test kits are correct? How old are they? What type.

7.o isn't low.... it's deadly low. Don't dose any vitamin C. Do you have some water you can change? What's the pH of that water.
So I should bring the Ph up to 8.0 in two weeks? I'm using Kh buffer, and I'm using jbl tester, they're one year old.
080cc2454f042b1fa24ba0c76c2de84b.jpg

OP
OP
twlawrenceko

twlawrenceko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to put freshwater alive fish in front of him, and swimming around him like 10 min, but he still didn't catch it and try to eat it, what should I do now, it's a serious sickness....

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you get a pH test kit with the vials and test solution? Those sticks are not very accurate. We gotta make sure your pH is really that low and then we have to fix that before that fish is "fixed". I can't express how important it is to double check that number with a reliable test. We have to get it up to a more appropriate number, even a 7.8 one be nice at this point. But if the test is inaccurate and we raise a pH that is already normal, we could kill that fish. Make no mistake, though, a 7.0 will also kill your fish in time.

So, the next step should be to confirm that pH. If it's correct, we have to develop a plan to safely bring it back up.

OP
OP
twlawrenceko

twlawrenceko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you get a pH test kit with the vials and test solution? Those sticks are not very accurate. We gotta make sure your pH is really that low and then we have to fix that before that fish is "fixed". I can't express how important it is to double check that number with a reliable test. We have to get it up to a more appropriate number, even a 7.8 one be nice at this point. But if the test is inaccurate and we raise a pH that is already normal, we could kill that fish. Make no mistake, though, a 7.0 will also kill your fish in time.

So, the next step should be to confirm that pH. If it's correct, we have to develop a plan to safely bring it back up.
I changed it to another tank, the ph, no2, no3... are all fine and now it sometimes swim around to the top, but hasn't eat the freshwater fish... Hope it gets better

OP
OP
twlawrenceko

twlawrenceko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a picture that grouper is looking outside and from my guessing it wants to eat the clownfish. Looking good, it is swimming around but not staying on the ground. I will give it a try to feed freshwater fish again today.

And I'm still adding Seachem Vitality twice a week.

Btw, I'm streaming 24/7 so I can view my fish tank whenever and wherever I want. Never miss a shot of looking at it!

52f4c40ed27e22811d043d045d6e2f81.jpg

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 34 41.0%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 41 49.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back